Clay Matthews signs extension with Packers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...en-bay-packers

Linebacker Clay Matthews signed an extension with the Green Bay Packers on Wednesday, the team announced.

Terms of the extension weren't disclosed by the team, but a source confirmed to ESPN that the extension is for five years and worth about $65 million in new money, including $31 million guaranteed. Fox Sports had earlier reported terms of the deal.

A source close to the deal told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell that Matthews will receive $22 million by the end of 2013 and $27 million in the next 12 months.

"It feels good," Matthews said Wednesday during a news conference inside the Packers locker room. "It's funny, because not a whole lot has changed. I'm happy about it, but for me, it's nice, it's very humbling and it's a blessing, but it's business as usual for me. I'm glad that they have put their trust in me and belief in me in awarding me this, but at the same time you're going to get the same type of unwavering perseverance on the field and dedication that I'm going to bring day in and day out. I feel good but not much has changed.

Matthews tweeted a picture of himself signing the contract before it was officially announced by the team.

He wrote: "Trivial amongst the recent tragic news, but happy to continue my career in Green Bay!"
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content