Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Remember When the Habs Were Good?

What is going on with this team? Ever since they clinched a playoff spot they've been utter garbage.

I know I've said all season that I've been waiting for a slump or something bad to happen .... Well, here it is I guess.

Better now than the first week of May I guess.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This week has been brutal for Habs fans. Going from last to where they are now is a huge improvement. However, watching them play Pittsburgh, it is very obvious they are still missing quite a bit to be a Stanley Cup contender.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

i knew thered be a thread started about this eventually lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

i knew thered be a thread started about this eventually lol

Kinda like waiting since 1967!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

I have sieves in my kitchen that leak less that Price has the last three outings. His goals against is what, like 8.00 ? And Budaj hasn't fared much better.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Dunno Bob, maybe they're experimenting? The Canucks go through spells, Vigneault makes up some weirdo line combinations, it looks like a mess out there but at the end of the year they're in the playoffs. And anything can happen after that........losing Game 7 of the Final or Game 5 of the 1st round for instance. Yessir, nothing beats 40+ years of losing here on the west coast.........

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Relax.

If they had put up three stinkers in a row, in mid-February..... you'd be saying it doesn't matter, it's only a few games, they've played well all year, and will bounce back.

Not a whole lot different than the Toronto Blue Jays.... if RA Dickey pitches a total of 3 awful games this year, but 30(ish) reasonably good ones, then everything is fine with him. That he pitched two bad ones right at the start of the season becomes meaningless, if that's how things shake out. Nobody would blink at a 14-3 record, but they do at 0-2.

Price is in the same boat, except this bad games have come late in the season. He's played great all season, has excelled under pressure at every other level he's ever played at, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. He'll be fine in the playoffs.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I remember 1974 vividly. 1992 was not based on being good, but still go the job done. There are more than 75% of members on this Hockey Thread that weren't alive the last time the Habs "Were Good"

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A fun bit of perspective, to help fellow fans rise above the mini-quagmire.

The 1993 Habs lost their last seven regular season games.

The 1986 Habs staggered into the playoffs, winning only 5 of their final 16 games.

Things turned out all right those years.

It sucks on a night-to-night basis, but keep fixated on the bigger picture - this team has the mechanics to be a good squad that has EARNED their play in the Eastern Conference standings through tenacity, dedication, and hard work. They've got too many solid pieces in place for things to be bad on a prolonged basis.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Here's hoping for TML/Habs meeting in the first round! I don't see Boston falling to 4th.... Maybe then there will be a Leafs/habs meeting you care about Richard haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast