Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know any info on these?

Hey guys. A couple years ago, before I was into online buying/trading my only way to get cards was at my local KMart/Target/Walmart etc. I used to always buy the boxes that said 10 packs plus one guaranteed Game Used Jersey Card. When I saw they were these, I was confused but I didn't really mind, because at that time, anything that said "GAME USED" on it got me super excited. I then proceeded to make a trade with someone, who saw the scan and decided they liked it. When it arrived they told me it was a fake and I wasn't going to argue with the guy so we just sent each others cards back and no big deal. I just want to know if any one has hardcore evidence if they're fake or not, or if they've seen an article or whatever. I also would like to point out I only scanned the ones I got of BIG name players, I do have some not-so-good ones of guys like Maurice Morris and Mewelde Moore. Also I would like any advice on what to do with them. I've seen some sell on eBay and such so I don't know what to do with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the blurry picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hidden Content
    Bucket fully updated. Looking for any Miami Dolphins.
    #FinsUp
    ANY Dolphin GU/Auto can find a home with me!

What do they say on the back? I have a baseball Gary Carter that is similar and I believe it says it is game used. These are oversized cards right?
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

They're not necessarily oversized cards, it's like a frame with a card and then a jersey piece separately. I will scan the backs in a few, but yeah they just say its by Vintage Trading Company and guaranteed authentic.
    Hidden Content
    #FinsUp

While these jerseys are authentic game used jerseys bought from companies like Upper Deck to be placed on the cards I've always believed them to be the stuff that the card companies buy and then determine it isn't real enough for their products so they basically dump it onto these guys. It doesn't make sense for Upper Deck to sell pieces of a Mickey Mantle jersey to these guys unless it is either fake or they are over paying for the pieces where UD can turn an insane profit. The latter seems much less likely to happen though.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

What would make it 'real enough'? I had a Mickey Mantle one that I ended up trading for like 10 Dolphins GU's, I did it because everyone thought they were fake so someone interested in it seemed rare, lol.
    Hidden Content
    #FinsUp

Right the frames are over sized and the swatch is attached to the frame not the card. I don't know why UD or anyone else would pass along what they considered to be a bad product. If UD knowlingly sold illegit stuff to collectors OR another company they would damage their reputation. So i don't understand why they would do that rather than just returning the item to the source and getting their money back.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Yeah, that's why I'm not necessarily sure. I thought there might've been an article or something because everyone says there fake without any proof besides their own eye test.

Just wanted to put out there, that some have sold:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHNNY-UNITA...item337f242dce

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnny-Unita...item27cede82ec
    Last edited by PhinsPhan77; 04-18-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Hidden Content
    #FinsUp

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Right the frames are over sized and the swatch is attached to the frame not the card. I don't know why UD or anyone else would pass along what they considered to be a bad product. If UD knowlingly sold illegit stuff to collectors OR another company they would damage their reputation. So i don't understand why they would do that rather than just returning the item to the source and getting their money back.
    Google about Konami accusing Upper Deck of counterfeiting Yu Gi Oh cards. UD has done a lot of shady stuff in their history and passing off jerseys that don't fit their standards to another company that is happy to buy them would be nothing for them given their past.

Companies resell game used swatches all the time. Topps was known for reselling the patches to Playoff and UD back in the early 2000s because those companies would almost pay Topps the entire cost of the jersey to get the premium swatches for Playoff and UD products.
    I THINK this is a legitimate product, but there's other card sets like these that were knowingly called GU'd when they were indeed faked. Those cards were assembled similar to these cards, but had a totally different design,a dn did not feature a card from another company in them.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    Companies resell game used swatches all the time. Topps was known for reselling the patches to Playoff and UD back in the early 2000s because those companies would almost pay Topps the entire cost of the jersey to get the premium swatches for Playoff and UD products.
    I THINK this is a legitimate product, but there's other card sets like these that were knowingly called GU'd when they were indeed faked. Those cards were assembled similar to these cards, but had a totally different design,a dn did not feature a card from another company in them.
    The issue I have and because I can't see what it says on the back is that it just reads AUTHENTIC JERSEY. No doubt they are a jersey but was it really used by Johnny Unitas? Unless it says game used jersey by the player pictured legally you couldn't do anything if they were going to Wal Mart and buying a football jersey and cutting it up because that is an "authentic jersey".

Also interesting to here that about Topps. I guess that is why they had so few patches in their early products yet they still made tons of game used jersey cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast