Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Sen. Ted Cruz said no to Hurricane Sandy aid, but wants federal dollars now please...

This stuff just keeps writing itself, with a little help from Huffington Post............

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000003

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

has anyone actually read the article or are we too busy posting funny pictures about this in the sign thread? Cruz opposed the bill for sandy relief because of how much money was being requested that had nothing to do with sandy. So because he was against wasteful and misleading spending, he isn't allowed to ask for valid disaster relief?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I did read the article. Just about every bill introduced winds up with extra "pork" by the time the vote comes up. Every Senator from every state wants a piece of the pie, because the whole system stinks. I still think Cruz is being hypocritical tho...............

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Why are they not going after the company who owns the plant?

In the end they are the ones responsible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cannot agree with you more. Why does everytime something happens, the governement is the one paying for it. This is like the BP situation some years ago, make the company pay for his own issue, especially since they have good insurance coverage.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I read the article a few days ago, didn't comment, read it again now and still feel the same way I did before.
    Until the bill is seen, it's hard to criticize. While I agree with sluggo that most bills end up with wasted spending somewhere in them, it isn't a hard rule. Until you can quote pork from what is being proposed, this is premature.

Give it time, once actual bills see the light of day, there will be plenty of time to criticize pork (I've only read this article, so I don't know particulars.

One thing I can totally agree with:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

just about every bill introduced winds up with extra "pork" by the time the vote comes up. Every senator from every state wants a piece of the pie, because the whole system stinks

amen!!!!