Hockey World: Tavares evolves into Islanders little engine that could

How good is New York Islanders centre John Tavares? Is he Hart Trophy material?

If Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby hadnt taken a puck in the jaw, spitting out teeth as he skated off the ice against the Islanders on March 31, Crosby was a lock for the MVP award with 56 points in 36 games.

But Tavares, the first player taken in the 2009 NHL entry draft, is leading the Islanders to what could be their first playoff berth in six years and their best post-season seeding since 2002.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...311/story.html
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

yea i have to admit, he is right up there. im happy for him and the islanders cause its been a long time commin for those boys

he's gonna have to beat out ovy which will be hard
    Collecting : RC/Patch/auto's of Anze Kopitar and Slava Voynov
    Hidden Content
    My Inventory
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sko789 View Post
    yea i have to admit, he is right up there. im happy for him and the islanders cause its been a long time commin for those boys

he's gonna have to beat out ovy which will be hard
    The Caps have had trouble with the Isles all season which should help if thats the first round match up.
    Hidden Content
    color codes: yellow/blue/green= incoming or pending/do not need
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If anyone is interested, click this link from CCM and help me win free stuff as well as enter yourself: Hidden Content

Huge props to JT for sticking with the Isles and not demanding a trade like so many other elite players would have done. One of hardest working players in the league, hands down.

Hidden Content
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR Stephen Harper, Frazer McLaren, Nicklas Backstrom, and any Lacrosse cards!