Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See havocjlb's Items on eBay

Is this Gretzky card the all time steal in Hockey Card History?

302.00 for a Gretzky Fleer Retro Buyback 1/1 Hard Signed. Unbelievable.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-FLEE...p2047675.l2557

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I think the seller did well. It's just an autographed base card with 1/1 marked on it. What is to stop someone from getting the same card autographed by Gretzky and writing 1/1 on it?
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

The card is very ugly where the autograph is located it looks more like a bunch of scribbles then an actual autograph. Plus this is a prime example of 1/1's not being very desirable. Even the 1/1's of Gretzky from All Time Greats were selling lower as well.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

In short, no.

Any time you're paying three figures for a card, unless it's normally well into the four figures or more, it's hard to justify calling that a steal. As others have noted, this isn't really the greatest-looking card you'll see out there, and as I've said in other discussions, not all 1/1's are created equally. While, sure, some Gretz 1/1's can command massive dollars, there's always bound to be some "duds" that sell for considerably less than that.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Finalfantastic's Items on eBay

It would be a steal if every player didn't have 100+ 1/1s! So many 1/1's out there now a days it's just plain stupid! I don't even bother collecting them for Jeff Skinner considering 25% of his cards are 1/1s???????????????? Now that makes no sense to me? Just a way to convince people to buy stuff I guess but I just think there are WAY too many of them. But that's just my opinion, Brad.
    Super Collecting Jeff Skinner
    Wantlist- Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

yea, that does seem very weak for a 1/1. there are way to many out there.
    i dont own a 1/1 yet, but its not on my top of my want list for kopitar/voynov. They will come eventually. theres so many out there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The placement of the autograqph is just plain laughable....!
    Plus wrong card to be signed because it's way too much blanck om the card.

The autograph itself looks tired, but very understandable because how many
    autographs has Gretz not singed during his life?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I would no and not by a long shot. I have voiced my opinions on fleer retro in the past, but to make it short this product is a bust that only the hardcore collector would splurge money on or those that like shiny inserts. Also consider that you can get an average Gretzky auto from a high end set for 150-200, the seller got about what he should have imo.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 06vq350z's Items on eBay

How much do these Retro Fleer box go for? I haven't had the time to visit my local store to check it out. If that gretzky was wearing an Oilers....i would imagine it would sell big money!

SCF Rewards
    Country

i would not even pay 100$ for such ugly card but thats just me.. way overprice ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast