Results 1 to 10 of 37
04-23-2013, 11:19 AM #1
2013 SCF Playoffs Bracket Challenge - Jaunt for the Jersey Contest Leg #5
Sports Card Forum 2013 Playoffs Bracket Challenge
The Quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup begins on April 30th! Will the Kings be able to defend their Championship? Will a Canadian team hoist the Cup for the first time since 1993? Can a loaded Penguins team go all the way? Will the Leafs, making their first playoffs appearance in nearly a decade, avenge their long drought? The next two months will see all of these questions answered, and along the way we can have some fun in the SCF 2013 Playoffs Bracket Challenge!
The contest will run in this format:
- Each participant will predict the winning team of each series and the number of games in each series (i.e. Pittsburgh over New York in 5). This process will be followed for all four rounds of the playoffs. Participants remain in the pool until the end of the playoffs, so even if you have a slow start and the teams you pick in round one are eliminated, you get a fresh start in the next round.
- Two points will be awarded for correctly choosing the winning team (i.e. Pittsburgh).
- Two additional points will be awarded for correctly choosing the number of games it takes the winning team to clinch the series (i.e. 5 games).
- A single point will be awarded for choosing the correct number of games but not the winning team (i.e. New York in 5 games). This is our variation of the overtime “loser point,” even though there are no points given out in the playoffs.
The player with the most points at the end of the Stanley Cup Finals wins the pool and will receive the maximum number of points (to be determined based on the number of participants) towards the Jaunt for the Jersey! They will also receive this prize: 2011-12 ITG Captain-C Stick And Jersey Silver SJ04 Mike Modano Stick/2-color Jersey /40 - a beautiful card of a retired Stanley Cup Champion!
Please have your predictions for the first round of the playoffs submitted by the end of the day on April 30th. Late entries will be allowed up to 1 game per series being played but you can only pick the winner of each series, and not the winner plus the number of games.
First Round Matchups are still to be determined (the last week of the season is so much fun) and will be posted as soon as possible in this thread and will be PM’d to everybody that has expressed interest by that time. Please send your picks to me via PM with the Subject line "2013 SCF Playoffs Bracket Challenge - First Round Picks" with your winning team and the number of games it will take them to win the series.
All picks will be posted after the entry deadline in the thread so that everybody can see what they're up against, and I will be keeping an up-to-date game-by-game, series-by-series tracker on a nightly basis in the thread.
Please feel free to forward this along to anybody else that you think may be interested!
Rules and Such...
One entry per member. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
All SCF members will be eligible to participate in this leg of the Jaunt for the Jersey Contest.
Members must be in good standing to be eligible to win the Playoffs Bracket Challenge, meaning:
- No serious infractions during the past 30 days: a serious infraction is any infraction worth over 3 points – any serious infractions will result in disqualification from the contest.
- No suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating.
- No negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or send me a PM. I wanted to get this posted early so that anybody unfamiliar with the rules can get the clarification that they may need.
Good luck to everybody!
04-28-2013, 10:22 AM #2
The Western Conference playoffs positions are now set! If you would like to get your picks for the West submitted now, and the Eastern Conference later, send me a PM with your predictions for the following:
1 Chicago Blackhawks v 8 Minnesota Wild
2 Anaheim Ducks v 7 Detroit Red Wings
3 Vancouver Canucks v 6 San Jose Sharks
4 St. Louis Blues v 5 Los Angeles Kings
1 Pittsburgh Penguins v 8 New York Islanders
2 Montreal Canadiens v 7 Ottawa Senators
3 Washington Capitals v 6 New York Rangers
4 Boston Bruins v 5 Toronto Maple Leafs
Last edited by RGM81; 04-28-2013 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Eastern Matchups Finalized
04-28-2013, 09:45 PM #3
The East is set, the regular season is over - start submitting those predictions!
04-28-2013, 09:57 PM #4
04-29-2013, 01:32 PM #5
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM #6
Picks are sent. ThanksLooking for 05-06 UD Series 1 and 2 Rookies. List is n my photobucket.
04-30-2013, 12:23 AM #7
04-30-2013, 12:37 AM #8
sent, thanks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]~collect jonathan toews, brian vickers, brian elliott ~
~fan of chicago bears, blackhawks, white sox, bulls, iowa hawkeyes~
2011 ALL-STAR * LEAGUE LEADER IN SAVE % AND G.A.A. BRIAN ELLIOTT
04-30-2013, 12:46 PM #9
04-30-2013, 06:36 PM #10