Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Hmmmm...let's see.

    Option A - Less intelligent, but more likely to be employed and contributing to society.

    Option B - More intelligent, but more likely to be unemployed and leeching off of society.
    ]

    hmmm...intelligence aside, most of the people that I know in this situation would definitely fall in the category of Conservative thinking. I have many acquaintances who are not working b/c "I don't want to", or "I am not going to do that kind of job" Most of the people that I deal with that are on welfare are the most racist, homophobic, close minded people, lazy people that I deal with... I know very few Conservatives who contribute to SOCIETY...they contribute to THEMSELVES first, and if this happens to help someone else then oh well....I see NO Conservatives volunteering to work in community social projects etc. Contributing to society does not just mean collecting a paycheck and then buying goods. In fact, that is the lowest, rudimentary, least commital form of contribution to society...very typically Conservative: "I have done the least I need to do, now I can go do what I want to do"

    from what I have seen most people that are out of work are that way because they feel like they have been slighted by somebody else, and are either holding a grudge, or are now comfortable with the new found freedom they have to sit around and do other things, like hide in their compounds and shoot guns at tin cans...they also have mostly lost their jobs for getting caught doing something stupid or selfish on the job, or for not pulling the work load.

    Sorry to bust the generalizations above...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Hmmmm...let's see.

    Option A - Less intelligent, but more likely to be employed and contributing to society.

    Option B - More intelligent, but more likely to be unemployed and leeching off of society.

    Thanks but I will take Option A. If being liberal means I sit around patting myself on the back for being so smart while waiting on the welfare check to show up, I will pass.

    Oh, and I use quality sources for my citations http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...an_republicans

    LMAO
    Again thank you for the laugh....and more advice really hang on to the day job!
    A quality source a ULTRA CONSERVATIVE Site? Really? And you know what happens with polls right?

    - As long as yiou have Rush, Dr Laura, Hannity and Billbo on your side...
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Actually, that's your interpretation what I said was:


    Well, it's up top. Anyway, my implication is that you're willing to allow a few wealthy to control the dumb masses in the name of everyone having a job.
    Personally, I'd like a world where we didn't need things like welfare and social security. Unfortunately, capitalism doesn't let that happen.

    You see, in a perfect Right Wing world, I see a few wealthy elites trickling nickles down on the masses as we serve them. The amazing part is this system works so well and is so flawless banks are taking government handouts AND trying to sue for more, Big Business takes handouts constantly in the name of creating "jobs"

    When did America change from "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" to "GET A JOB!"
    "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" did not change to "get a job". It was always about the opportunity to excel, to accomplish, to do more with yourself. The pursuit of happiness was never about "sit at home cashing free checks and complaining about the government not doing enough to make your life better".

    If you have an issue with companies "creating jobs" with government money then complain to your hero Mr. Obama. It was his big idea to dump taxpayer dollars into the pockets of big business with the promise of "creating jobs". I said from Day 1 that it was a stupid idea. Don't blame conservatives for us, that one lays fully on the shoulders of the liberal controlled House, Senate and White House of 2008.

    Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    ]

    hmmm...intelligence aside, most of the people that I know in this situation would definitely fall in the category of Conservative thinking. I have many acquaintances who are not working b/c "I don't want to", or "I am not going to do that kind of job" Most of the people that I deal with that are on welfare are the most racist, homophobic, close minded people, lazy people that I deal with... I know very few Conservatives who contribute to SOCIETY...they contribute to THEMSELVES first, and if this happens to help someone else then oh well....I see NO Conservatives volunteering to work in community social projects etc. Contributing to society does not just mean collecting a paycheck and then buying goods. In fact, that is the lowest, rudimentary, least commital form of contribution to society...very typically Conservative: "I have done the least I need to do, now I can go do what I want to do"

    from what I have seen most people that are out of work are that way because they feel like they have been slighted by somebody else, and are either holding a grudge, or are now comfortable with the new found freedom they have to sit around and do other things, like hide in their compounds and shoot guns at tin cans...they also have mostly lost their jobs for getting caught doing something stupid or selfish on the job, or for not pulling the work load.

    Sorry to bust the generalizations above...
    You are very correct. Contributing to society is not about spending. It is about paying taxes. Everyday I get up at 5:30 and drive 40 miles to work so that others can stay at home sleeping in and waiting for the welfare check to show up. Excuse me if I don't go spend more of my time working in some soup kitchen or social benefit program after I have worked a full day. Perhaps if I was a smart unemployed liberal I would have more free time, but I am just a dumb hardworking conservative that feels like the $16k a year I pay in taxes is more than enough of a contribution and I would like to spend some of my free time with my wife and kids and not doing even more for people who don't even appreciate it anyway.

    Am I bitter about it? Hell yes. I live in a county with a poverty rate of around 70% yet the local job service had 60 unfilled jobs and that isn't even counting places like WalMart, Kmart, convenience stores and restaurants that don't list job openings with them.

    Am I tired of working hard while seeing others enjoy a free ride. You bet! I commonly stand in line behind people who buy their food with food stamps and then buy their beer and cigs with cash. If they can afford beer and cigs they don't need food stamps, they need to get their priorities straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    LMAO
    Again thank you for the laugh....and more advice really hang on to the day job!
    A quality source a ULTRA CONSERVATIVE Site? Really? And you know what happens with polls right?

    - As long as yiou have Rush, Dr Laura, Hannity and Billbo on your side...
    I am just going to go with the assumption that you know nothing about Rasmussen and leave it at that.
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-26-2013 at 12:09 PM.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  4. #24
    I must say thank you Duane...i need a good laugh this AM
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  5. #25
    Duane,I couldn't agree more with you.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  6. #26


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,146
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Oh goodness. Okay, Duane.
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" did not change to "get a job". It was always about the opportunity to excel, to accomplish, to do more with yourself.
    Exactly. You don't need a job, you need only support yourself. Except that the power that be (ie: rich, white guys) have made getting a job necessary to the pursuit of happiness. As such, it changed. America: GET A JOB AND LIKE IT!

    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    The pursuit of happiness was never about "sit at home cashing free checks and complaining about the government not doing enough to make your life better".
    Who said it was? Certainly not I. The problem is, you see things as you're told to. You're told the only two possible options are "get a job" or "suckle off the government". They aren't, or rather, they only are because you make them.

    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    If you have an issue with companies "creating jobs" with government money
    I don't have a problem with them creating jobs with government money. I have a problem with them using government money to pay "livable" wages in other countries and unlivable wages here.

    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    then complain to your hero Mr. Obama.
    Don't be stupid, Duane.

    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    It was his big idea to dump taxpayer dollars into the pockets of big business with the promise of "creating jobs". I said from Day 1 that it was a stupid idea. Don't blame conservatives for us, that one lays fully on the shoulders of the liberal controlled House, Senate and White House of 2008.
    Funny, I don't recall you ever saying too much about that. I'm not saying you didn't, just that I've not seen it.
    What I have seen is you claim that by giving money to the already wealthy will cause them to hire people despite there being no one else with money to buy things and create demand. That theory goes hand in hand with this "terrible idea" of Obama's. Maybe you're mad he had the idea and you didn't? Maybe you're mad he actually gave a little, thereby forcing your side to do the same or look like jackwagons (which you do)? I don't know, I can only speculate.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 04-26-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    "He's gone crazy," "You have to snap out of it," "Take your meds," or, "Don't be such a downer" serve only to mock, belittle, and make light of mental illness. Such phrases only continue the negative stigma and keep those who suffer from getting help. If these phrases, or phrases like them, are part of your at-hand vocabulary, you are part of the problem. #STOPtheStigma

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post


    You are very correct. Contributing to society is not about spending. It is about paying taxes. Everyday I get up at 5:30 and drive 40 miles to work so that others can stay at home sleeping in and waiting for the welfare check to show up. Excuse me if I don't go spend more of my time working in some soup kitchen or social benefit program after I have worked a full day. Perhaps if I was a smart unemployed liberal I would have more free time, but I am just a dumb hardworking conservative that feels like the $16k a year I pay in taxes is more than enough of a contribution and I would like to spend some of my free time with my wife and kids and not doing even more for people who don't even appreciate it anyway.

    Am I bitter about it? Hell yes. I live in a county with a poverty rate of around 70% yet the local job service had 60 unfilled jobs and that isn't even counting places like WalMart, Kmart, convenience stores and restaurants that don't list job openings with them.

    Am I tired of working hard while seeing others enjoy a free ride. You bet! I commonly stand in line behind people who buy their food with food stamps and then buy their beer and cigs with cash. If they can afford beer and cigs they don't need food stamps, they need to get their priorities straight.
    ...and after all of that, I still see more Conservative types as the ones who are using welfare. I totally agree with everything your sayign about lazy people sponging off of us who work for a living. I just think that your observation about it being liberals doing it is just ....well...ridiculous. I actually think that anyone who signs up for welfare gets 9 months..that's it. One time shot, unless you can prove with legal papers that you have been out into a condition where you would need it extended.

    But anyway, I have NEVER met a person who is on welfare that was liberal in any way...ever. I think that generalization is as laughable, and stupid as saying that all Muslims hate "Murica. Every liberal I know not only holds a 40 hour a week job, runs a family, does community service, has hobbies etc. Same for most of the Cons that I know minus the community service for pretty much the reasons you stated above...which references what I mentioned in my previous post.
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •