Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ALERT: Jay-Z reportedly interested in making hockey cool again

As the New York Post reports, "The next target for Jay-Zís Roc Nation Sports banner is potential No. 1 NHL draft pick Seth Jones, according to sources. The son of Nets assistant coach and former Nuggets player Popeye Jones is already repped by CAA, Roc Nationís partner. But sources said Jay-Zís organization wants to strike a deal to be involved in the starís marketing and branding."

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/2...h-jones-report
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!
    Want to see my tradelist type in doniceage under the Hidden Content .

Good thing, more publicity of the sport especially in the US is always a good thing. Especially when Gary Bettman has done a terrible job of marketing his players.
    Hidden Content
    Main PC: Nicklas Jensen
    Also collecting Zack Kassian, Evander Kane, and Drew Brees.

I wish Jay-Z would just vanish in the bermuda triangle already.... I dunno what its like in other countries, but the media in the States shoves he and Beyonce down our throats almost 24/7... Part of what makes hockey cool is it hasn't been tainted by much of the "outside world"... You go to a football,baseball,basketball game much of it is all about image and not so much anything else... ie who has the most "bling", "tats", biggest entourage (Allen Iverson anyone), or drives the flashiest car...

In other news it may help truly launch Ovechkins rap career...
    Last edited by policeradio556; 04-25-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I loathe Jay-Z.
    #1 Collection: Barrasso
    #2 Collection : Ron Hextall
    Other: Lemieux, Crosby, Wregget

Jay-Z is a very smart business man, however that being said, I don't think he needs to get anywhere near the NHL. He and his company need to stick to the NBA and hip-hop or rap whatever it's called now these days. The NHL is not like the NBA where tats, bling, and entourages are a daily occurence. I don't see Sidney Crosby getting all tated up while wearing a diamond encrusted Penguin Logo the size of his head around his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Srman77 View Post
    Jay-Z is a very smart business man, however that being said, I don't think he needs to get anywhere near the NHL. He and his company need to stick to the NBA and hip-hop or rap whatever it's called now these days. The NHL is not like the NBA where tats, bling, and entourages are a daily occurence. I don't see Sidney Crosby getting all tated up while wearing a diamond encrusted Penguin Logo the size of his head around his neck.
    It would be a lot cooler if he did.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 212 Unique Cards + 9 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Check out our Season-Long Contest sponsor for great deals!
    Hidden Content

225 dollar limited edition Crosby Nike's coming soon to a footlocker near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Camarotuner View Post
    225 dollar limited edition Crosby Nike's coming soon to a footlocker near you?
    Did he get rid of his Reebok deal? :)
    Hidden Content
    Main PC: Nicklas Jensen
    Also collecting Zack Kassian, Evander Kane, and Drew Brees.

All good sneaker deals go through Nike? lol

I now picture a "14-15 The Cup Sidney Crosby Game Worn Diamond Necklace Charm + Auto /1".
    #1 Collection: Barrasso
    #2 Collection : Ron Hextall
    Other: Lemieux, Crosby, Wregget

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast