Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Mayock Final Mock Draft...Geno Smith to the Browns

I can't help it, if the Browns are stupid enough to draft Geno Smith #6 overall I will fall off of my chair laughing. Watch a little tape on Smith and you will see one clear thing, he needs developed, and the Browns have never developed a highly drafted QB into anything other than a bust.

Scary thing is Mayock has a lot of connections and gets a lot of insider info. If he thinks the Browns are considering Smith at #6 then there is probably some legitimacy to it.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-mayock/171006

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I can't see it happening. I've actually heard the Browns like EJ Manuel more than Geno Smith (but not at 6th, in a trade down situation).

We'll have to wait and see what happens. I've heard so many different scenarios for the Browns tonight, it is hard to say who is right and who is just making a prediction:

Staying at 6
    -Barkevious Mingo (been growing in popularity the last week)
    -Dion Jordan
    -Dee Milliner (very very popular one)
    -Star Lotulelei
    -Ezekiel Ansah
    -Geno Smith (grown in popularity the last two days)
    -Tyler Eifert

Trade Downs
    -11th with San Diego: Tyler Eifert, Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Chance Warmack, Xavier Rhodes, Kenny Vaccaro
    -31st with 49ers: I've heard if they trade down this far that their only target at 31 would be EJ Manuel

I've even heard that we might look to trade up to secure Dion Jordan in case he doesn't get past Philadelphia or Detroit. I'm not going to read too much into the mock drafts, but they are fun to look at.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yeah I normally don't read much into them either. This close to the draft Mayock's is usually pretty accurate unless a trade up/down happens that mixes it up. I actually expect the Browns to grab either Milliner or Jordan to try and boost the defense or Austin to finally give their QB a target, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked to see them grab Geno using the excuse that other teams underrated his talent.

4.5 hours and we will get some answers. I am actually looking forward to it a little more than usual just because of all of the "what-if's" and unknowns.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I don't think Tavon Austin is in play for us at all to be honest. I think we'd draft a TE at 6 before we draft a WR.

In the end, this team just seems like a mess and could use a lot. I think overall the team could get away with a few holes here and there if we just had some play-makers on either side of the ball. No one on our offense really strikes fear into the opposing defenses as far as big-play ability goes. And on defense, we don't have one of those guys that just scares the crap out of the other team's offense like a Jon Beason or Patrick Willis.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The only reason I mention Austin is because (as you said, they need a playmaker on offense) and they added Kruger, Groves and Bryant in free agency and may think that they have done enough to upgrade the defense so they can switch attention to the offense.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

C'mon, it's not nice to laugh at the Browns. I just feel bad for them. I wish them the best.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LancerArmstrong View Post
    C'mon, it's not nice to laugh at the Browns. I just feel bad for them. I wish them the best.
    Not even OK to snicker? Or giggle? Come on!!! At the very least a stifled laughed?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Not even OK to snicker? Or giggle? Come on!!! At the very least a stifled laughed?
    Why laugh at a team with so much misfortune, when we can laugh at the Ravens and Cowboys for busting their cap on B-level QBs.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

OK, ya got me, at least on the Ravens. Regardless of your opinion about Romo, his worst 16 game season makes Flacco's best 16 game season look like a junior high QBs stats.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Geno was never a realistic option for the Browns (thank God).
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos
    Johnson/Mears/Nadeau/Reutimann

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast