Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Organized religion

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I have absolutely no problem with people that believe in god, I really don't.....religion on the other hand is destructive to humans, detrimental to society, and more importantly, flawed.

This ^^^^
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't have a problem with organized religion, the bringing together of people under belief. I don't think I agree with the "Find a religion that fits you, man". I mean, we're talking about, essentially, a "how to" on saving your soul. What "how to" system opens with, "Do what feels right, dude"?

That I have no problem with. What I have a problem with the is organization, the business, that is religion. Pretty much every religious book claims "man cannot lead man" in some form or other. So why, with that very basic belief would I follow an organization led by a man or men?
    And no, there isn't a religion on earth that "Jesus" is the head of. Jesus hasn't been around for awhile guys, give it up. There's a man sitting at the top.
    I also have trouble listening to anyone saying, "I'm going to give you something you desperately need. Why do you need it? I told you so. Now, I'm going to give it to you, completely free of charge. All you have to do is take 1/10th of your gross income, not net, and give it to me. If you do that, I will save your soul free of charge, but you won't know it until you're dead."
    That's difficult to trust.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

actually Judaism is considered one of the Big religions, though its small numbers, for obvious reasons.

religion is not the issue it is the human factor that is the issue, and this is way there are so many Christian denominations that it is stagering, and they keep growing to the sum of about 4 new ones a week.

I lived in the country that has the most Christian denominations - Barbados - staggering. Over 130 different splinter groups of Christians on an island 28 X 14.3 Miles or 166 square miles.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

overall there are roughly 37,000 denominations of Christianity and growing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

overall there are roughly 37,000 denominations of Christianity and growing

If there is 37,000 versions of the same religion how are we supposed to know which one is the correct one?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If there is 37,000 versions of the same religion how are we supposed to know which one is the correct one?

Just, like, totally pick the one that, like, let's you live life your way, dude. That's, like, what worship is all about, you know?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just, like, totally pick the one that, like, let's you live life your way, dude. That's, like, what worship is all about, you know?

what is that?

easy, they all are, just follow the teachings of Jesus and you will be correct.

people who argue that this divides or separates Christianity, need to remember, the first church was very Jewish in nature, including prayer at the temple.

Christianity is about adopting "love" to your life, so there will be many different versions, to fit different lifestyles, cultures and times.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's like, if the religion you're in has you worshipping in an inconvenient way, just, like, find another one, man. God's totally cool like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's like, if the religion you're in has you worshipping in an inconvenient way, just, like, find another one, man. God's totally cool like that.

what is up with this?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you don't like one set of rules, create another. It makes you feel better about you particular sins.

That's modern Christianity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast