Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

2012-13 Panini Preferred: Anybody buying it?

Wondered if anyone on the board was buying 2012-13 Panini Preferred basketball? I wanted to pick up some boxes because their silhouette design is something I really like. But then I read that there were 250 autographs in the product and the odds of pulling someone really good seemed pretty hard to do so I have backed off. Then I saw the two box break Tracy Hackler did for the blog Knight's Tale and while one box had the Kobe silhouette in it,the second box was pretty weak with zero silhouettes in it. Very, very limited review but it seems liked a very hit or miss product.

Just wondered what you thought of the product?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

It's expensive considering there are A LOT of bad rcs which stinks because there are some nice looking cards in this set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buy singles.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Called the owner of one of our locals to see if he had Preferred. One case in the store, so I was thinking about heading over to try a box after work. About 30 minutes after I called the owner called me to tell me the case was gone as a customer came in an opened it.

Looks like I dodged a bulllet, owner said zip on any of what would be considered a big hit from the case. He guessed most of the boxes the total value of the autographs if you were selling would yield a $35. to $50 return on a $200 box. He could not remember any specific silhouette cards as he said most of the boxes in this case came with all triangle autos.

Hammybone is right, just wait and buy the singles I think I might want.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I agree - I am buying some singles now and getting them cheap. I think last years product looked better, but some of the booklets are cool like the rivals and finals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of course the Panini product review gets a Kobe hit.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait till at least later next month to pickup singles dirt cheap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait till at least later next month to pickup singles dirt cheap.

I already bought two on ebay for $4 each. . . . saved me about $192 bucks!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of course the Panini product review gets a Kobe hit.

I thought the very same thing! Surprise, surprise Panini picks out two random boxes and one just happens to have a Kobe silhouette and of course that makes us as buyers and collectors think we will repeat that kind of break.

Been guilty of doing that myself!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast