Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Celebrating the death of politicians.....fair or foul?

I didn't get a chance to talk about this when I wanted, but I will now.

I want to know your opinion of whether or not you think it's fair to celebrate the death of a politician.

The reason I bring this up is because of the recent death of Margaret Thatcher.

She was HATED in the UK for her very right wing ideologies....example of celebrations:

^Here we see it happening during a Liverpool Soccer game.

OK, now here is my opinion on this topic.

There are PLENTY of politicians who I disagree with in every single issue, but I wouldn't celebrate their deaths.

HOWEVER....there are some politicians who not only do I disagree with in policy, they have made the world a worse place than what it was....such as Dick Cheney.

His death WILL be celebrated by myself, because I will know that on that day, a terrible human being is gone forever and even though his crimes against humanity may never have been brought to justice, death as they say....is the great equalizer.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

In don't celebrate death. Occasionally I say "good" and leave it at that, but that's a game time decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

+1 wick...when bin laden was killed I wasn't super excited, just relieved. I don't celebrate death and no one else should either..

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I would never celebrate the death of a politician. They are people first and foremost and because of that they deserve respect.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Everyone (except for myself) celebrated when Sadaam was murdered and that was ok but Thatcher dies people celebrate and all of a sudden that is wrong. Go figure.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I think people celebrating a politicians death is a bit sad. I get if you didn't agree with their positions on things, but in the end it's a person just like the rest of us who have family and friends who care about them. People who celebrate are rather cold.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Everyone (except for myself) celebrated when Sadaam was murdered and that was ok but Thatcher dies people celebrate and all of a sudden that is wrong. Go figure.

I think there's a difference even if you put both saddam and thatcher on the same politician level. Things that both of them did during their careers are very different. I wouldn't say that I celebrated sadaams death, but I didn't really have any sympathy for him either.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I did?
    You learn something new everyday. Wish I'd been there.

Thank you veg for pointing out you're the only person on earth who didn't celebrate Saddam's death. I'm such a hypocrite.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I didn't celebrate when they killed Saddam. Who told you that it was "ok" to celebrate his death? That was nothing more than a formal lynching.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I didn't celebrate when they killed Saddam. Who told you that it was "ok" to celebrate his death? That was nothing more than a formal lynching.

I knew that it was wrong to celebrate his death despite the mainstrain media telling us to party like it was 1999. What even made me sick was when I was watching nfl countdown on espn they decided to add their own political commentary. I watch espn for sports not the hear Chris Berman celebrate another man's untimely death. And you are absolutely right Sadaam's death wasn't anything more than a modern day lynching. And you wonder why other countries hate us so much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast