Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the deal with this card? fake? rare? 1/1?

I'm not quite sure to make of this card and situation. I have this Matt Stajan card that I cannot find on beckett.com. Now I've had this problem before but I can't find it on ebay or anywhere else. I realize this isn't a monster card but it seems wierd to not be able to find what seems would be a fairly common card on either ebay or beckett... what gives?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Looking for autos and patches of Pavel Bure and Trevor Linden. Also looking for immortal inks autos and HOFer autos. Will consider other Canucks autos.
    ~if you have time to make a thread then you have time to respond to posts and pms!~

There were a lot of cards in that set that were not on the checklist. Someone from this forum, but I can't remember who, was working on a set of those back in the day.....

One of the frustrating things they found, were the amount of cards NOT on the checklist that kept showing up.

I assume you did not get this from a Tin of Sweet Shot, but either picked it up via trade / purchase (i.e. the secondary market) or got it directly from UD as a replacement for something else?

Probably a player that didnt send the cards before they shipped out the boxes so they got that card in later i guess thats why its not in any checklist, not the first time this happens and causes confussion.

This set was notorious for having redemption replacements and such filter out on to the market long after the product release. I believe it was Kevin (Inferno) that was building the set and having experienced Maritime Rage on a number of occasions due to "finding" new cards.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 204 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Maritime rage is a frightening experience lol.
    p
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    This set was notorious for having redemption replacements and such filter out on to the market long after the product release. I believe it was Kevin (Inferno) that was building the set and having experienced Maritime Rage on a number of occasions due to "finding" new cards.

I have one of these cards in my PC never did try to look it up on beckett paid like $7 bucks for it or something at the Toronto Expo when he was still playing for the Leafs
    Collecting Phil Kessel, Anna Kournikova & Danica Patrick cards! Trading for my PC only. Got Kessel let me know
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ya i picked it up in a trade. A guy on another site was looking to get rid of about 15 hockey cards or so for some basketball. I didn't give up much of anything to get it. I'm not really sure what kind of value to put on it. Probably not that much i guess if there are others...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Looking for autos and patches of Pavel Bure and Trevor Linden. Also looking for immortal inks autos and HOFer autos. Will consider other Canucks autos.
    ~if you have time to make a thread then you have time to respond to posts and pms!~

Quote Originally Posted by hang time View Post
    Ya i picked it up in a trade. A guy on another site was looking to get rid of about 15 hockey cards or so for some basketball. I didn't give up much of anything to get it. I'm not really sure what kind of value to put on it. Probably not that much i guess if there are others...
    Well, that ...... and its Matt Stajan =P
    MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8
    Bucket - Hidden Content
    Looking for - Roy / Brodeur / Luongo / Fleury / Bernier / Potvin / Price +++

Believe it was inferno who did this set. he has since broken it up.
    G/U, Autos from players of the 70's or before
    D. Keon,T. Horton , Paul Henderson, Blank Backs and inserts from ITG 1972Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    Well, that ...... and its Matt Stajan =P
    ya obviously i'm not expecting the world for it but it seems that it would fetch a slightly higher BV than the common card that it should be...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast