Official Green Bay Packers 2013 Season Chat Thread!

Kicking the season off with some great news!

Packers Announce Long Term Contract Extension for Aaron Rodgers
    The Green Bay Packers announced that they have reached a long-term extension with three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
    Rodgers' current contract runs through the 2014 season and had $20.75 million in non-guaranteed cash remaining. According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the five-year extension is worth $110 million and will pay the 2011 NFL Most Valuable Player $62.5 million over the first three seasons. Overall, Rodgers will earn $130.75 million over the next seven seasons and the contract will expire a few months after his 36th birthday.
    NFL Draft weekend is also upon us! Here is our status so far...

Round 1 Pick 26 - Datone Jones (DE, UCLA)
    Round 2 Pick 29 - Eddie Lacy (RB, Alabama)

Love it so far! Two very solid picks!
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    We are LOADED on picks for tomorrow! 10 total picks in the last 4 rounds. Hopefully we can snag at least one S, CB, and OLB.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!

Ted Thompson is putting together another solid draft! Here we are so far...

Round 1 Pick 26 - Datone Jones (DE, UCLA)
    Round 2 Pick 29 - Eddie Lacy (RB, Alabama)
    Round 4 Pick 12 - David Bakhtiari (OT, Colorado)
    Round 4 Pick 25 - J.C. Tretter (OG, Cornell)
    Round 4 Pick 28 - Johnathan Franklin (RB, UCLA)
    Round 5 Pick 26 - Micah Hyde (CB, Iowa)
    Round 5 Pick 34 - Josh Boyd (DT, Miss St.)

This article makes me smile, considering we drafted both of them: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-on-eddie-lacy
    Alabama's Eddie Lacy remains confident that he's the complete package after a disappointing pro day, but he's no longer viewed as the consensus top tailback prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.

A number of teams tell Draftinsider.net's Tony Pauline that UCLA's Johnathan Franklin ranks higher than Lacy on their boards. The New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers are among the teams "looking hard" at Franklin, according Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com
    Looking forward to seeing them fight for the starting RB spot!
    Last edited by rchurchward; 04-27-2013 at 03:37 PM.

that Eddie lacy pick is gonna help them a lot. That was a good move for them regardless of their other picks.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    that Eddie lacy pick is gonna help them a lot. That was a good move for them regardless of their other picks.
    I'm with ya there. I'm a huge fan of the Lacy pick. I was wanting it in the first round and was disappointed when we didn't do it. Clearly Ted Thompson knows what he's doing.

I am so ready for this season. We are going to redem ourselves and become Super Bowl Champs again. This team has a really good chance of doing it if they can be healthy all season.