Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mountainsofcards's Items on eBay

Greetings from Memphis, TN.

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, and I am located just outside of Memphis. Tennessee (Go Grizz!). I have been collecting cards off and on for close to 35 years now (I'll be 40 in June of this year - I remember my 1st pack of Topps Baseball back in 1978), and have seen my share of cards since then.

I have been on eBay now for over 15 years (DANG! Has it been that long?!?!?) under the Seller name mountainsofcards - doing my fair share of Buying/Selling during those times. I deal mainly in Yu-Gi-Oh cards on there now when it comes to Selling (I have one of, if not THE, largest and most complete collections in the Mid-South it is safe to say), and am slowly paring it down (I don't play the game, just was an Advanced Collector for a stretch there). I still contribute to the YuGiOh Wiki as well when I see things that need to be added (too much free time on my hands I'd imagine :) ).

I have been a devout Philadelphia Eagles Fanatic now since 1988 (I didn't follow any other Sports other than Baseball in my formative years, but when I saw Randall Cunningham *will* a touchdown over Carl Banks attempt at sacking him, I was a Fan for life (though I was a bit let down when I sent him a request for an Autograph, only to get back something in the mail offering that I could join his "Fan Club" and buy signed Memorabilia - I didn't really have an allowance to speak of, so this was outside my realm of obtaining)).

NBA I follow the Memphis Grizzlies - NHL I follow the Philadelphia Flyers (I was a Lindros follower *doh!*) (and weird thing for me, I have never lived near, nor had any Family from the Philly area, so no ties to the City to explain my devotion). I grew up in Northern California, and followed both the San Francisco Giants as well as the Oakland A's (I am that rare bird that actually liked both teams, as my friends and I would go to Oakland's Opening Day each year, but I would always listen to the Giants games on KNBR (I looooooooved it when Krukow/Kuiper would call games while I was driving! Those guys were an awesome team!).

That's pretty much all there is to me for now - once I get over the 10 post count I can start looking in the Buckets and filling in some of my Eagles needs/wants (when I got married all those years ago, for whatever reason, I got rid of all my cards, thinking I would have no interest in them......Man, I wish I had kept those cards!! :) ).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Hi Chris, welcome to SCF!! I used to be a Grizzlies fan, mainly because they were local, until David Stern worked his magic...... lucky you, you never got to see Bryant Big-Country Reeves in "action" hahahahaaaa!

There's a few die-hard Flyers fans on the hockey boards, you should have no problems making friends pretty quickly.....

PS. I had to get separated to re-start my Hockey collection, I know where you're comin from........

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the welcome 87sluggo, I'm rather glad to not have had to have "lived" through the Bryant Reeves days, from what I have heard, that guy was as "Fragile" as they came, and cost the team TONS of dollars :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris, welcome to the site and BOL with your collecting and selling. I'm also a rare bird of liking the Yankees/Mets and Giants/Jets. Again, welcome.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Thanks for the welcome 87sluggo, I'm rather glad to not have had to have "lived" through the Bryant Reeves days, from what I have heard, that guy was as "Fragile" as they came, and cost the team TONS of dollars :)

Hahahaaaa his alabaster skin set against the teal jersey, you couldn't keep food down.............. The Grizzlies were doomed from day 1 in Vancouver for SO many reasons, he was just one of them.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris, welcome to the site and BOL with your collecting and selling. I'm also a rare bird of liking the Yankees/Mets and Giants/Jets. Again, welcome.

...Rick

Thanks for the welcome Rick, much appreciated :)

If I come across any NY Stuffs (especially the Giants.....Yuck :) ), I'll keep ya in mind!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hahahaaaa his alabaster skin set against the teal jersey, you couldn't keep food down.............. The Grizzlies were doomed from day 1 in Vancouver for SO many reasons, he was just one of them.......

Hopefully not too many people were sad to see them go - always a bummer when a beloved team leaves its fans behind (was glad to see the NBA was moving away from the "Move Sacto Kings to Seattle" plan - they were VERY fun to watch when the Maloofs first bought the team, before they kinda looked the other way and didn't care anymore (haven't followed the Kings since I lived there last in 2005 (I think it was then).

The Grizz (back to them) will always be known to me as the team that drafted Hasheem Thabeet with the number two overall pick, over James Harden, Ricky Rubio, Stephen Curry and Tyreke Evans to name a few.......I can't imagine what this team would be like w/ a 3=Pount Master like Steph Curry

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Detroit Lions Toronto Raptors
    See hudley19's Items on eBay

Hi Chris
    Welcome to SCF, Good luck with your collection and enjoy the site
    Zack

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey Chris, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome to SCF!!
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast