Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

rate your teams overall draft

I'll start it with the texans

overall rating - b+

did fairly well, but went heavy on the same areas as always and didn't address 2 smaller areas of depth issues. I would rate it better than last years draft though. They did fill most needs for once with good players, at the corresponding round for biggest needs. Biggest concern now is we have 2 running backs. One is gimpy and the other is over worked. They needed a running back more than the safety they picked in round 2. Hope there's one available as a free agent that's half way decent cause they will need him.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Happy with the Packers draft. They didn't help themselves out at all in the safety position and probably took one too many WR. However, based on the addition of Datone Jones, Eddie Lacy, and Johnathan Franklin and the supreme drafting skills of Ted Thompson, I'll give us a solid A.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

The Raiders, Ohh the Raiders.

C+

They were actually doing ok until the third day and thats when Reggie Mckenzie forgot to stop drafting Tight Ends! If they were going to pick a corner they should have stayed at 3 and took Milner, in typical Raider fashion they fell in love with Haydens 4.3 40 time and the 2nd round pick they got for trading back was wasted on a developmental talent. The picks that should have raider nation excited are Sio Moore in the 3rd, this guy is going to contribute immediately at LB and the Tyler Wilson pick in the 4th has to give Raider Fans hope that Terrel Pryors days are numbered. Not a bad draft but the first two rounds are high risk and the picks in the last two rounds made no sense. Needed a Safety and DT not TE's and WR'S

Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Happy with the Packers draft. They didn't help themselves out at all in the safety position and probably took one too many WR. However, based on the addition of Datone Jones, Eddie Lacy, and Johnathan Franklin and the supreme drafting skills of Ted Thompson, I'll give us a solid A.
    Everybody on NFL Network and ESPN were praising the Lacey pick but Franklin was the steal at RB for the Pack. and the 5th round pick of Micah Hyde Helps immediately on special teams coverage and down the road he helps the secondary, he's a ball hawk.

yeah the Texans are bad about using their 1st and 2nd round picks on development players that won't impact the team for at least a year. Thankfully this year they changed it a little. Although I'm kind of excited about the safety we got in round 2. That guy looks like a cross between ed reed and polamalu or however you spell his name lol.

look up videos for d.j. Swearinger
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

A+
    I think Zac Dysert will be the QB of tomorrow not Brock, Montee Is the hardest working running back out of Wisconsin, I saw him work his butt off at Wisconsin a workout warrior who constantly improves no doubt he will continue to improve in the NFL. Webster is drawing comparisons to Chris Harris, which makes me happy. Let's not forget Williams the best DT on some boards! We need pressure on the inside and he will give us that. King could develop into a solid WR, and another OL never hurts!
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Steelers - B-

Jarvis Jones - I won't hide it, I don't care for this pick. Yes we needed LBers, but I feel like this was a reach. Had our LBer corps been a bit better there is no way they take a LBer with neck injury history that runs a 4.9/40 with the #17 pick. I fear this was a Troy Edwards type of pick (desperation pick to fill a need).

Le'Veon Bell - Holy cow do I love this pick. 6'1" 230 lb. RB that can run over people, has an ankle breaking spin move and a cutback that makes defender after defender miss. I watched video on this guy and was amazed at his vision. He ran a 4.6/40 at the combine, watch some video and you will know he is much faster. I had my heart set on Eddie Lacy being a Steeler, Bell is just as good and doesn't have the bad knees/injury history.

Markus Wheaton - 3rd round steal. He hasn't even stepped on the pro field and he is already a better route runner than the guy he will replace (Mike Wallace). He doesn't have Wallace's speed, but 4.45 isn't exactly slow. He also catches with his hands, something else that Wallace lacked. I think he is the slot WR from day 1 and finishes with at least 50 catches this season.

Shamarko Thomas - 4th round pick that fills a need and has a big future with the team. He epitomizes Steelers football. Biggest knock on him is his height (5'9") but that is his only deficiency. Dude has great speed for a safety (4.42/40), is strong (28 bench press reps at the combine), is a stud versus the run and has long arms that makes up for his height in pass coverage.

Landry Jones - QB is a position of need although you never heard it said. BigBen keeps getting banged up (has missed all or part of 11 of the last 48 games) and he isn't getting any younger (just turned 31). The only other QB on the roster is career back-up Bruce Gradkowski. Landry gives the team a young QB to groom in the system in case of a long-term injury to BigBen and to be the guy in 3 or 4 years when BigBen hangs up his cleats.

Terry Hawthorne - CB is the one position I would have liked to have seen addressed earlier. Ego is Mike Tomlin's biggest enemy. His experience as a DB coach makes him think that he can draft mediocre talent late in the draft and turn it into starting CBs (see William Gay, Crezdon Butler, Joe Burnett, Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown). Hawthorne fits that category. Good size, good speed, good tackler, questionable coverage skills, poor hands. Wasted pick.

Justin Brown - Solid WR with big body (6'3" 209). Changed to OU his senior year and stood out as a dependable receiver. Is a great depth player on our roster. Even though we kept Emmanuel Sanders, he is only under contract for 1 year. Brown is good insurance for the future.

Vince Williams - Depth player for the LBer crew. Nothing more. Lacks pass coverage skills which makes him just a 2 down player. Depth, nothing more.

Nick Williams - Wasted pick. In the last 4 years the Steelers have used two 1st round picks and a 4th round pick on DL. None of them have contributed anything worth mentioning (although they remain on the roster). In the 6 drafts since Tomlin took over as HC they have drafted 5 other DL in the 4th round or later and only one of them is even still on the team. Also we still have Brett Keisel, Steve McClendon on the roster and Casey Hampton might be coming back. The odds that a 7th round DL will make the team much less contribute is a stretch.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    yeah the Texans are bad about using their 1st and 2nd round picks on development players that won't impact the team for at least a year. Thankfully this year they changed it a little. Although I'm kind of excited about the safety we got in round 2. That guy looks like a cross between ed reed and polamalu or however you spell his name lol.

look up videos for d.j. Swearinger
    I'm a South Carolina fan, and I can tell you that DJ is going to be interesting to watch in the NFL. His coverage needs work, and he needs to learn how to wrap up when tackling (too many times he just tries to blow people up with big hits), but he certainly is one of those safeties that seems to make plays and is around the ball constantly. Good pick for y'all.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

For the Browns, I don't think our draft was anything special. Mingo certainly has potential and I'm excited to see how he does, but I'm not convinced he is the next Von Miller like many Browns fans. The rest of the draft was nothing special to me. No second round pick, and our third rounder is an undersized CB that is decent in coverage, but is not particularly fast or good at tackling. Everyone else was the typical guys you go for in the later rounds (decent players with injury problems, big physical specimens that need developing, guys that are one-trick ponies, etc).

I don't like to give out "grades" until after I see how everyone does. I can say the Browns get an A+ or a F, but in the end I'm just basing it off what all of the mock drafts and experts say. I want to see what these picks translate to on the field before handing out grades.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    The Raiders, Ohh the Raiders.

C+

They were actually doing ok until the third day and thats when Reggie Mckenzie forgot to stop drafting Tight Ends! If they were going to pick a corner they should have stayed at 3 and took Milner, in typical Raider fashion they fell in love with Haydens 4.3 40 time and the 2nd round pick they got for trading back was wasted on a developmental talent. The picks that should have raider nation excited are Sio Moore in the 3rd, this guy is going to contribute immediately at LB and the Tyler Wilson pick in the 4th has to give Raider Fans hope that Terrel Pryors days are numbered. Not a bad draft but the first two rounds are high risk and the picks in the last two rounds made no sense. Needed a Safety and DT not TE's and WR'S

I prefer Hayden over Milliner, mainly because Hayden has better hands. Both guys are solid, I don't think the 40 time really played a factor, nor will it. I guess you forgot that Al Davis isn't around. Sio Moore is a great pick, his attitude has me fired up. The "developmental talent" was the highest rated OT left on the board, he will take time to develop but Sporano is one of the btter OL coaches in the NFL so he will help him out a lot. As for the TEs, it is a big need. Myers, our main TE weapon, left so we really do need to fill in that void. We also don't have much depth at WR with just Moore, Ford, Streeter and Hagan. I would give the Raiders B-B+, it wasn't the best draft but they got guys that seem ready to come in and play and not the "Workout Warriors" that we have drafted in recent years.
    Collecting Oakland Raiders and Brandon Jennings
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast