Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

Perception is key.

A man walking in on the women is simply seen as more invasive and more inappropriate than a woman walking in on the men.

Personally I agree with the idea that media shouldn't be allowed in the dressing rooms, period. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by letting the media into the locker room except for that "raw, unfiltered emotion" that, realistically, most people don't actually want to hear - but are more than happy to talk about how inappropriate it was.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In the US it is. I don't know if they have changed it recently but last time ESPN had this debate it was true.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

In the US it is. I don't know if they have changed it recently but last time ESPN had this debate it was true.

Any ideas as to why a male coach is different form male media?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Anyone read the follow up on this? The Irony of Ironies.....

Guess who the FIRST NHL coach was to allow women in the dressing room?? (HINT: The Year was 1975, and he was coaching the Boston Bruins)

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../20781321.html

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think everyone needs to just quit objectifying the human body. Respect and understanding begins at home more people need to not only teach learn it as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any ideas as to why a male coach is different form male media?

Maybe because the coach doesn't carry around a camera crew with him?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Maybe because the coach doesn't carry around a camera crew with him?

Female reporters don't have camera crews?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Female reporters don't have camera crews?

So it went from male coach and male media now to female media? I don't know if female reporters have camera crews or not. But you would be dumb or playing dumb if you can't see why a guy with recording equipment in a female locker room is considered weird but a women with recording equipment in a male locker room is okay. The image engrained in everyone's mind (mostly by the media) is that guys are creeps and sex hounds. Probably because men get arrested all the time for videos of women getting undressed and dressed but you never hear of a woman getting caught filming men getting dressed. I'd wager there are more gay men that get arrested than straight females on that subject. So any reporter who is a guy who would be pestering his boss to allow him into the woman's locker room must be a freak or a perv that wants to see some T and A. But a woman pestering her boss to be allowed into the men's locker room is a trailblazer breaking down barriers and is fighting for equality and if you stop her or say no then you are a sexist. Right or wrong that's the general consensus or feeling about the issue. I honestly don't think any male reporter will leer at the women but the threat of some guy being a freak is enough to label all guys that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So it went from male coach and male media now to female media? I don't know if female reporters have camera crews or not. But you would be dumb or playing dumb if you can't see why a guy with recording equipment in a female locker room is considered weird but a women with recording equipment in a male locker room is okay. The image engrained in everyone's mind (mostly by the media) is that guys are creeps and sex hounds. Probably because men get arrested all the time for videos of women getting undressed and dressed but you never hear of a woman getting caught filming men getting dressed. I'd wager there are more gay men that get arrested than straight females on that subject. So any reporter who is a guy who would be pestering his boss to allow him into the woman's locker room must be a freak or a perv that wants to see some T and A. But a woman pestering her boss to be allowed into the men's locker room is a trailblazer breaking down barriers and is fighting for equality and if you stop her or say no then you are a sexist. Right or wrong that's the general consensus or feeling about the issue. I honestly don't think any male reporter will leer at the women but the threat of some guy being a freak is enough to label all guys that.

No, I understand why people see it as something different. The same reason any time a man claims sexual harasment people say "yeah right". People don't think. A woman is "there to do a job, nothing more" but men must be "creepy and weird".

I totally understand there's a double standard for no discernible reason. WOmen can go into a locker room because, "Well, the showers are in a different area, no one is really walking around naked where the media is," but women in the same style dressing rooms are justified in thinking a man would only be their for sexual reasons?

That line of reasoning makes no sense. This is the area where women's equality turns into women's superiority. I'm all for equality but neither sex should be superior. You would have to be pretty closed-minded, short-sighted and incredibly behind the times to not see that this is a total double standard with no real reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12