Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

jets release tim tebow

looks like they will need to find a quarterback again to hopefully win a game...he was there best shot at anything

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ter-one-season
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

If Tebow was their best shot then they would have kept him. They did the smart thing.

I collect Kordell Stewart, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Fred 'The Hammer' Williamson and Steelers cards.
    Working on 1968 & 1969 Topps Football sets and 1980 Stop 'n' Go.
    Hidden Content

i understand that he isnt that great of a qb but he is alot better than sanchez....
    im glad espn will talk about him until the season starts up now
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

In spite of what that article suggest, I don't think he is anywhere near done. I have a feeling he may land in Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

In my opinion, Tebow would be best to convert to TE instead of trying to play QB. I feel that his athleticism would be better suite for that position and allow him to be more successful.
    Supercollecting: LT, Antonio Gates, Ryan Mathews, Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Canseco
    Will trade for: Nice Chargers Autos/GU
    Want GU/Autos Chipper Jones, and 2012 Topps Olympic Team cards that I don't have yet
    I trade by BV, not SV. I will only use SV if it is in regards to a sale
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I totally agree. He would make a heck of a TE. For some reason these guys get a "QB or nothing" mentality and can't shake the idea that they have to be the guy taking snaps. Kordell Stewart was another one. He could have been an All-Pro WR but he refused to play anything but QB.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I'm not entirely sure what makes everyone think he'd be a great TE, no questions asked. Do we know anything about his route-running abilities? How quick is he coming off a three point stance at the LOS? Can he block? How dependable are his hands?

Either way, I'm honestly not sure he finds an NFL roster spot this year. If any team wants him, it'd be the Jags, and I can't see them giving him a serious look either.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I honestly feel they wont change him into a TE/RB, he loves playing QB, but He Will Go to the AFL, this season n next season.. n when he returns to the nfl Jacksonville, or Minnesota will pick him up!. and he will be awesome!
    Hidden Content
    I Collect Evan Longoria Chris Archer Mike Trout Andrew Luck,

Quote Originally Posted by selby56 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what makes everyone think he'd be a great TE, no questions asked. Do we know anything about his route-running abilities? How quick is he coming off a three point stance at the LOS? Can he block? How dependable are his hands?

Either way, I'm honestly not sure he finds an NFL roster spot this year. If any team wants him, it'd be the Jags, and I can't see them giving him a serious look either.
    Just about every team that was interested in him pre-draft wanted him to switch to TE. Obviously there are unanswered questions, but when you look at his size, speed, agility, determination to succeed and attitude it is logical that he would make the effort to learn the coachable aspects of playing TE like blocking, stance, route running, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    I honestly feel they wont change him into a TE/RB, he loves playing QB, but He Will Go to the AFL, this season n next season.. n when he returns to the nfl Jacksonville, or Minnesota will pick him up!. and he will be awesome!
    I hadn't thought about it, but if he doesn't land an NFL job (I really think he will) then he would be a beast in the CFL. I don't see him in the AFL.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Just about every team that was interested in him pre-draft wanted him to switch to TE. Obviously there are unanswered questions, but when you look at his size, speed, agility, determination to succeed and attitude it is logical that he would make the effort to learn the coachable aspects of playing TE like blocking, stance, route running, etc.
    I don't know. Maybe I'm just skeptical, but when you've been playing QB since high school, I can't imagine it is easy to just switch positions, especially one that is as versatile as TE. We see guys that played QB in college that struggle to make the switch to WR in the NFL all the time. I always imagined that if Tebow did try to switch to TE it would just be one of those classic cases of the guy having all the physical tools but never being able to put them all together. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth (not very much I'd assume, haha).
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast