Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I hadn't thought about it, but if he doesn't land an NFL job (I really think he will) then he would be a beast in the CFL. I don't see him in the AFL.
    I hope he lands a job, in the "NFL' CFL he would be awesome too but "AFL' already said they would love to have him and have a team waiting for him!
    Hidden Content
    BB- (Main) E.longoria,)) FB, S.Bradford K.Allen Bb-J.Wall/L.James

Yeah, the problem is money. The AFL has an average salary of $32,000 with the minimum salary being $26,600 and a top salary being $38,000. Just starting out Tebow would be closer to the bottom until he earns incentive money.

In the CFL the absolute minimum salary is $32k a year, with an average salary of $50,000. Starting QBs average around $200k-$300k a year with the top QBs getting $350k-$500k a year.

Even if Tebow got absolute top dollar in the AFL he would still be earning 1/5th of what he would start out at in the CFL.

If given a choice, he will go where the money is. With that said, base salary in the NFL is like $250k, so he will take a 3rd string job in the NFL before he goes anywhere else.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Good point can't argue that reason! Lol.
    Hidden Content
    BB- (Main) E.longoria,)) FB, S.Bradford K.Allen Bb-J.Wall/L.James

Tebow is a smart guy. I believe that if he would be willing to be flexible and try to make the switch, he would have a chance to be the exception to the failed rule about converted QBs. The guy changed his throwing motion completely in order to improve his stock pre-draft. I have no doubt that if he would be open to convert, he would work his tail off to be the best TE that he could be. The reality is if he lets his ego get in the way, which I don't foresee as being an issue, he may consider a transition to another position.
    Supercollecting: LT, Antonio Gates, Ryan Mathews, Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Canseco
    Will trade for: Nice Chargers Autos/GU
    Want GU/Autos Chipper Jones, and 2012 Topps Olympic Team cards that I don't have yet
    I trade by BV, not SV. I will only use SV if it is in regards to a sale
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Jets drafted Geno Smith to fight Mark Mini Sanchez for the job, I think the Jet's were afraid Mr. T would beat Mini out for the back up job.

Welcome to NE, Mr. Tebow.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Teams that have come out today and said they have no interest today:

Jaguars,Seahawks,Eagles
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Little access due to Laptop crash & Now trying to recover data
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Quote Originally Posted by newcombe View Post
    Tebow is a smart guy. I believe that if he would be willing to be flexible and try to make the switch, he would have a chance to be the exception to the failed rule about converted QBs. The guy changed his throwing motion completely in order to improve his stock pre-draft. I have no doubt that if he would be open to convert, he would work his tail off to be the best TE that he could be. The reality is if he lets his ego get in the way, which I don't foresee as being an issue, he may consider a transition to another position.
    I don't know. The guy worked his tail off to change his throwing motion and to become an NFL QB, and he simply couldn't do it.
    Collecting all Cleveland Teams, Bowling Green State Alumni, South Carolina Alumni, Andre Roberts, Mike Kafka and Baron Davis.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

And nothing is being said of the Jets organization screwing him from day 1,they cost him a year out of his career when everyone knows he would've given the Jets a better chance of winning than Mister Buttfumble.Thanks Rex Ryan and yet Rex still manages to keep his job.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

oh heck no! Tebow does NOT need to go to the pats. Just imagine what the head coach would do with him and how he would use him. I think I would convert to being a pats fan lol
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast