Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Went from happy and thrilled to about to punch a cement pole next to our seats within 5 minutes...had perfect seats for Filppulas brilliant giveaway . Even stopped by Hockeytown Authentics on the concourse like always and picked up a Nyquist gamer stick for the heck of it.

Going to be a fun game 7

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See iposportsmarketing's Items on eBay

The blown call on the Perry trip was inexcusable.

How much was that Nyquist stick?

and, since I'm a little late to the party on this thread, I'll just add that, that Abdelkader hit was a clean one

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Abdelkader left the ice, and lead with the elbow. Refereee and Shanahan got it right.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Abdelkader left the ice, and lead with the elbow. Refereee and Shanahan got it right.

Negative. Watch it again in slow motion. Led with the shoulder. Initial contact was with Lydman's shoulder. Skates didnt come up until after contact with Lydman. Happened so fast, hard to blame the refs. But shanahan is far from consistent and has set the wrong precedence two years in a row

BANNED

Country

Anytime the skates come up, after contact, or during, Charging will always be called. Once the league review plays, everything is on the table, just like it would be seconds before the contact was made.

Bottom line...... Abdekader is still acting like a dumb overanxious kid at times, because he is still young. I love his enthusiasm, and his determination, but only time will assist him in being slightly more responsible in how some of his behaviour can affect his team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Sorry but you're wrong, shoulder to shoulder hit and the feet left the ice after initial contact not before.

Watching the play at regular speed its a difficult hit to judge but when you slow it down and watch frame by frame its a clean hit. Guess Shanaban forgot where he used to play on the Abby calling.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with you about Abdelakder, as a player. I disagree with the assessment that he led with the elbow, because that wasn't the case. Jumping into hits should always be called, and they're not. Skates coming up after a hit shouldn't automatically be charging... big boys playing a fast game... that stuff happens

BANNED

Country

Skates coming up after contact has always been called. I played Junior Hockey in the 70's in Saskatchewan, and Hockey right back until 1960 and anytime a jump is slightly apparent, Charging has always, and will always continue to be called.

What I am saying, is that anytime the league reviews a call, the next day or over the course of 2 days they will always make their determination by perception. The perception in full-time is that he jumped into the hit, so in defense of that action, the league will never change their stance on that call or calls in the future.

What I'm really trying to say is that the league will never allow any egg on it's own face. The perception in full-time is that he jumped into the hit, they will never deviate from this position.
    Last edited by centrehice; 05-11-2013 at 03:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Charging isn't always called, although often it should. Kronwall does it a lot, but almost never does he jump into the hit. As far as suspensions, since shanahan has the benefit of replay and time, his decisions should be made on fact and not perception

BANNED

Country

Kronwall is a master of deception. Often times when he is trying to sell a hard hit that is a Charge, he wipes out more than the player being hit, and often it works.

I'm not really bothered by how the Red Wings hit, what concerns me, is putting your own team in jeopardy by going over the line at a critical time in a playoff game or series. It's fine to do so when you lead your division, and it's a league game in the first period, but when you have arguably been the hottest player in your line-up and you do what Abdelkader did, you run the risk of hurting your team if the transgression is borderline.

Bettman secretly wants hitting taken out of Hockey. Although he has not stated this, it's my own perception of him. When that time arrives, he needs to be speared in the balls and removed from his position of power.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast