Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

I hope SJ sweeps. Then there will be major changes. No re-tooling, tweaking. Take a hard look at the core of the team and the direction it's going. The changes don't need to be reactionary and immediate, but there needs to be a new direction. The type of player we draft, sign, trade for, the coaching staff, etc. Need stronger/grittier wingers with heavy shots.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I hope SJ sweeps. Then there will be major changes. No re-tooling, tweaking. Take a hard look at the core of the team and the direction it's going. The changes don't need to be reactionary and immediate, but there needs to be a new direction. The type of player we draft, sign, trade for, the coaching staff, etc. Need stronger/grittier wingers with heavy shots.

Who's up for a game of "If I was in the GM's seat and Vancouver went down in round 1"?

Personally, Vigneault is gone and the team needs a new identity. I actually still like the Sedins, Burrows and Kesler as a core and Hansen and Higgins as well, but all other forwards, minus Kassian since he was taken on as a bit of a project, are fair game for trade. Since Roy is invisible on the ice, take a good look as he walks out the door with Lapierre as free agents. The Sedins do have more to them than their cycle game, it's just that when they get in trouble the revert to it as a safety and that isn't working anymore. Kesler, when healthy, is one of the hardest working players in the league and showed he can still put a game on his back and carry it. Burrows hockey IQ and on-icwe vision, likely developed from so many shifts with the Sedins, is still a valuable asset. They need a better supporting cast. They need a fourth line that can tenderize opponents and they need a coach who isn't afraid to play them. They need secondary scoring, what they have right now is secondary skating.

On defense, Garrison would be untouchable and Hamhuis would be pretty close. Bieksa and Edler each have until Christmas to prove this season was a fluke or they go on the block.

As for Luongo/Schneider, the team has made their decision, so we'll assume there's no choice in who to trade, though I would probably keep Schneider anyway. Not that I "hate Luongo" or am "throwing him under the bus," the media took care of all that a couple years back. It's at a point right now where he's not just unhappy as a backup, I think he's unhappy in Vancouver now, end of story. Find a team that needs goaltending and take them for a picks and a decent prospect/mid-level established player and wash your hands of it, just avoid paying any of his salary.

Then you need a new coach. Someone who can get the attention of this team and do what Sutter did in LA. The core is still a good one, the failure is the guy charged with getting the best out of them simply isn't. Vigneault is a great coach, he won't be out of work long, but his expiration date is up and if faced with the choice of a new coach with new ideas or blowing up the core and starting over completely, a la Edmonton, I'd move the coach along. Thing is, in order for that to work, the GM needs to make the right deals and I just think GMs around the league hate Gillis enough that it won't happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Schneider starts ...... last mistake AV will make for the Canucks
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Schneider is also not solid tonight. Still 2 and a half periods left to correct, but he's not comfortable at all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not happy with the officiating in this one. However, I did see two centers line up AND take a draw, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not happy with the officiating in this one. However, I did see two centers line up AND take a draw, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Geez, brag about it why don't you - I'd love to see a full period in which the linesmen don't toss Plekanec and/or Desharnais. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

ok...is the league going to do something about this?

Icing call against the Sharks. Torres goes to take the faceoff. Before the puck is dropped, while it's still in the linesman's hand, Torres knocks it out of his hand with his stick.

First, if I was the linesman, I'd be pissed b/c it was deliberate and it caught his fingers.
    Second, that needs to be a delay of game penalty. There's nothing now for it, but that's just a cheap tactic. To me, it's much lower than the old switcheroo on the refs and stall for time for them to figure out who should be on the ice for the icing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

weak penalty call in OT. Sharks score. AV is done.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not the kind of penalty you want to see in the Playoffs, especially OT. Now Wingels did not have the puck and both players were skating towards it, Sedin had the lower inside track and shouldered Wingels .... Off balance a little bit, head long into the boards, but not called by the official in that end, but by the trailing one.

Not a great way to win. The Sharks did control the OT from start to finish, I believe they outshot the Canucks 8-1 in the Overtime.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

IMO a definite penalty call. That was dangerous play

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast