Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I think if your gonna re-tool in vancouver the first to go is Bieksa, I hate the guy myself but he's a great defenseman and the return would be huge IMO

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think if your gonna re-tool in vancouver the first to go is Bieksa, I hate the guy myself but he's a great defenseman and the return would be huge IMO

Bieksa has a NTC and would be tougher to trade then Edler. Edler should be the guy that they trade, young d-man bring great return.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

What a mess! Loungo's contract makes him almost untradeable. I still think you need elite goaltending to be a true
    play-offcontender, which is why the Canucks were 3 years ago, and he is still is one of the few elite goalies, but all you could get back is a 7th rounder or something, so Keep him! Schneider is a serviceable goalie, but elite? He has a palatable contract so trade him for an impact player or some sorely needed early draft picks. On the other hand, getting rid of lou's massive cap hit would help retool with free agents, but that route is a gamble...either way, someone has to go to end this endless side show.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I will not blame Reffing for this series, however I've been watching that D Sedins penalty over and over and Henrik was right it was a [rhymes with woolspit] call. I've never liked Sutherland and have always thought he plays favourites on the ice. For the good of the league, send him packing. He's got to be the worst ref in the league, and that's a group that includes Stephen Walkom (I don't care how it's spelled).

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Bieksa has a NTC and would be tougher to trade then Edler. Edler should be the guy that they trade, young d-man bring great return.

This. Many teams haven't figured out he is a liability yet. He's still young enough to get some really good return and the Canucks aren't lacking in Dman (Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, Tanev) position. I see Edler as expendable. His biggest upside is a role Garrison can easily fill.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country

Trading Bieksa and Edler are moot points b/c they have NTC's.

If the next few years are going to just fetch a couple of early playoff round losses, then I think it's better to speed up the re-build.

Talk to Lu about the possibility of forgiving and forgetting and staying in Vancouver. If Lu is okay with it (after AV gets fired), trade Schneider to the highest bidder. Heck, offer him up to Florida for their 2nd overall, then Tampa for the 3rd overall pick or Flames for their 6th. I'm not sure if NJ has to forfeit their 9th overall pick. Or work out a trade for a bluechip top line prospect and a later pick.

But picks are meaningless if the scouting staff blow it. And the scouting staff has a terrible record in the 1st round.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah it's the NTCs that have me worried they're going to go down like Calgary...I should have worked in Flames somewhere...not the term, the band...

...it's early

SCF Rewards
    Country

Trading Bieksa and Edler are moot points b/c they have NTC's.

If the next few years are going to just fetch a couple of early playoff round losses, then I think it's better to speed up the re-build.

Talk to Lu about the possibility of forgiving and forgetting and staying in Vancouver. If Lu is okay with it (after AV gets fired), trade Schneider to the highest bidder. Heck, offer him up to Florida for their 2nd overall, then Tampa for the 3rd overall pick or Flames for their 6th. I'm not sure if NJ has to forfeit their 9th overall pick. Or work out a trade for a bluechip top line prospect and a later pick.

But picks are meaningless if the scouting staff blow it. And the scouting staff has a terrible record in the 1st round.

Edler's NTC doesn't kick in till next year.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

If you look back in NTC History, the player considered being moved 95% of the time will waive that right, especially if they are marketable and have a laundry list of teams that would consider moving to.

Now, when they initially sign, somehow agents have proscribed that the NTC is a position of power, when in fact it really isn't, as everyone get's long in the tooth, or needs a new environment.

You are still going to see Franchise Players, but not at the rate you have been accustomed to.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Edler's NTC doesn't kick in till next year.

What's the date on that?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast