Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

so gay and lesbians want equal rights
    chris broussard used his rights for freedom of speech and now everyone wants to complain about it
    seems like its a double standard
    congrats for chris on speeking his mind...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Are Christians the only one who have the holier than thou act??
    ^You didn't answer the two questions that I posed to you.

1. Are christians allowed to pass judgement on other human beings?

2. Is Chris implying yes or no that his morals are better by calling Jason a sinner and being in open rebellion against god?

You see Boba, if Chris had simply said, I'm a christian and would rather not talk about the lifestyle of those I disagree with I wouldn't say anything against that.

My problem with Chris is NOT that he has a different belief system, it's that he passed judgement on Jason and worse than that he called him a sinner.

He is in no position to do that to ANY human being....and neither is any christian.

And that's my BIGGEST problem with many christians....it's their "holier than thou" attitude and their self-righteousness they try to display.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Alex, you are like many who love to twist the words of the NT to mean anything you want.

example:

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

correct, He fulfilled them so the old covenant was fulfilled and completed and the new one can begin.
    you also forgot to mention what Jesus said, not Paul or the gang, on divorce and in the same phrase He tells us how He feels about Mosaic law, and it is not good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I like how he mentions that he's against all premarital sex in a sport that's pretty well known for having very easy access to sexual encounters if that is what a player is looking for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so gay and lesbians want equal rights
    chris broussard used his rights for freedom of speech and now everyone wants to complain about it
    seems like its a double standard
    congrats for chris on speeking his mind...

I don't see your comparison between people disagreeing with broussards opinion and people who want to keep equal rights from homosexuals. No one is trying to take a right away from chris broussard. He has the right to think and say whatever he wants about homosexuality and premarital sex and in turn everyone else has the right to say what they think about his thoughts especially when he puts them out in a public forum. There's no double standard at all because people disagreeing with his statement is in no way keeping him from any right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

1. Well, I'm glad you are able to say that, because the bible does indeed demands christians to defend your belief system and explain it to non-believers such as myself.

2. That's the thing, I don't think my morals are better than anyone in particular, I'm not concerned with such abstract things.

That's why I don't beat people over the head with a 2000 year old book telling them what's wrong with their lives. I don't care what people do (as long as it doesn't hurt others), and who they have sex with is no concern of mine (as long as it's a consenting person).....why the hell are christians so obsessed with sex and gays and who can do what with who is beyond me.

You think I feel threatened by a guy who says things like "gays are in open rebellion against god"?

Lol, you think too little of me if you think I feel threatened by people who make such nonsensical statements.

BTW, unlike the confounds of religious dogmatic rules and belief systems......I don't have such a system.

I only believe one thing.

Do whatever you want as long as you don't hurt others or infringe on others rights. Church!!

Chris' statement only shows me what religion does to people, it makes them view their fellow humans as immoral just because they are different from you, it makes them self righteous for no good reason, and it gives them some sort of nonsense authority to speak on behalf of god.

Ha.

The only thing you gave me is your apologetic interpretation to things we know to be outdated or blatantly incorrect.

BTW, the reason I'm an atheist is because I read the bible and saw it for what it actually was.

A hateful, terribly written, disgusting, outdated, immoral, piece of garbage. Wow Alex why don't you tell us how you really feel.

responses in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I can't watch the video from work but if it sounds like what is being described although I Brosussard is one of my favorite basketball writers and I support and defend his right to speak his mind (that is one of the reasons why I like him) I am a very dissapointed that he would feel that way, being a minority himself looking down on another minority group. Yes for ME personally I believe that homosexuality is wrong per God just like I believe that worshiping the devil is wrong per God, however I will never tell another consenting adult what to do in the privacy and comfort of his or her own bedroom just like I will lever try to force another adult into following the same religion that I follow.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (104)
    Country
    See greentanker's Items on eBay

I don't see your comparison between people disagreeing with broussards opinion and people who want to keep equal rights from homosexuals. No one is trying to take a right away from chris broussard. He has the right to think and say whatever he wants about homosexuality and premarital sex and in turn everyone else has the right to say what they think about his thoughts especially when he puts them out in a public forum. There's no double standard at all because people disagreeing with his statement is in no way keeping him from any right.

then what's the point of this thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whats wrong with women staying silent? I will complicate matters by saying that is more of a prophetic verse then anything. Womens lib was funded by the globalists and others to brainwash them and try and make them all activists against nothing.

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that women's lib is all a farce and women weren't looked at as less then men and didn't have fewer rights?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex: If his belief system is that homosexuality is a sin, how could you even want him to say otherwise. I agree that, as per both OT and NT, homosexuality is a sin. That's just a fact in Christianity.

Now, was he saying the guy is going to hell? He may think so, but he doesn't make that call, so it doesn't matter. He can pass personal judgement based on what he believes, but that's it. Everyone sins constantly according to Christians, even them, yet people still get into heaven.

Saying someone is sinning or an act is a sin is not the same as damning them to hell. Someone taught you poorly as a child. Also, tolerant and accepting are two different things. What he said does equal tolerant. Did he call to have him banned from sport? Lynched? No. That's tolerant.

What you want is everyone to be accepting. That's an unfair expectation. What do you want him to say? "It's my belief that homosexuality is a sin against God. But now that some random basketball player is gay, it's not"?

That's stupid.

This is a perfect example with what's wrong with the world. They want equality but refuse to listen to the other side. He said nothing hateful or spiteful. You on the other hand are a mess of hatred. Why can't you accept it's okay to think differently from alex the wonderful?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast