Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    His comments are a representation of MANY christians, do you deny that?

    Remember we have already discussed if there are any reasonable arguments against having gays marry in the U.S outside of religion, there are none.

    So that means that the ONLY reason why gays are not allowed to marry in the U.S is due to christianity, there is no way around that fact.
    I'm on with that. Because in my opinion marriage is a religious ceremony only and should not be a bearing on tax laws, insurance, etc. if you want to have that discussion I am for it giving all "marriages" heterosexual and homosexual the same benefits. But since my opinion marriage is a religious thing I don't think any laws should be made for or against gay marriage
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

  2. #62
    It's amazing how this place can simulatinously cause me to crack up laughing and be amazed at some of the vile written on here. Indexed, please do me a favor, I'm not sure if you are married, single etc. But if you are single, whenever you go on a first date please share your views with the date, and if you are married please tell your views to your wife.

    People aren't gay because of a lack of woman or the fact that they left the kitchen and entered the workforce. Homosexuality has always existed, people just haven't been allowed to be as open about it because (honestly) people like you.

    With that said, I agree. Woman leaving the Kitchen and wanting to have a fulfilling, complete and equal life did lead to the downfall of society....and help spread AIDS.
    "So what you want for Christmas"
    "Three words HO HO HO"
    "I Dont get it"
    "HO HO HO" -Wilbon and Kornhiser PTI

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by tutall View Post
    That's all you see. Because you see a loud minority. The majority of Christians I converse with and talk to are not close to what you spew about. You come across as one of the most hateful, vile, condescending people on earth.
    A loud minority?

    Is that why we live in 2013 and we still don't have gay marriages?

    Is that why 33 states have BANNED gay marriage in their state laws? (And many of them voted on it).

    Yeah, that's some good christian love right there.....and voting for things is not something the minority wins on.

    And yeah, I couldn't care less what you think of me personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by tutall View Post
    I have a couple homosexual friends.
    Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by tutall View Post
    I don't agree with it and they know I am not real comfortable in that environment but I don't hate them for it. They are free to do what they want and I am free not to feel like sugar and candy canes about the situation.
    And why don't you agree with "it"?

    See, here's the thing, I'm not gay, so I don't know what it's like to love the same gender.

    However, I don't disagree with their lifestyle simply for this reason.

    It would be like disagreeing with a women's lifestyle because I don't know what it's like to be a woman.

    Do you disagree with their lifestyle because a book told you so?

    Or because there is something intrinsic about it that your reasoning can't comprehend?
    "Islam is the mother load of bad ideas" -Sam Harris

    "Christianity is a close second" -Me

  4. #64
    you never answered my question.... so you believe in Hell?
    Sorry... "Lower than ebay" makes no sense when 1 card went for $4 and the rest go for $30+
    LF Good Stuff of: R. Wilson, Peyton, Megatron, AP, T.Y. Hilton, Durant, R. Westbrook,
    S. Curry, Trey Burke, Miggy, Hamilton, Chipper, Verlander, Fielder, Trout, Harper
    Photo BucketHidden Content

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    It's amazing how this place can simulatinously cause me to crack up laughing and be amazed at some of the vile written on here. Indexed, please do me a favor, I'm not sure if you are married, single etc. But if you are single, whenever you go on a first date please share your views with the date, and if you are married please tell your views to your wife.

    People aren't gay because of a lack of woman or the fact that they left the kitchen and entered the workforce. Homosexuality has always existed, people just haven't been allowed to be as open about it because (honestly) people like you.

    With that said, I agree. Woman leaving the Kitchen and wanting to have a fulfilling, complete and equal life did lead to the downfall of society....and help spread AIDS.

    Just incase anybody is curious my wife is 100% against gay marriage because of religious beliefs. I'm 100% in favor of it. Interesting discussion topic for the first date.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 05-01-2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    A loud minority?

    Is that why we live in 2013 and we still don't have gay marriages?
    It's typical you don't read the entire post so go back and read it again. Yes it is based on religion. Marriage in my opinion is a religious ceremony only and should have any legal rights at all. Call it whatever you want but a marriage and a legal union Gould be two separate things in my opinion. I'm all for equal rights to everyone and think people who are committed to each other Lon term through a legal union should be able to haven insurance. Rights to medical decisions, etc without going through a "wedding ceremony".

    [Quote] Is that why 33 states have BANNED gay marriage in their state laws? (And many of them voted on it).

    Yeah, that's some good christian love right there.[\quote]

    Again. You didn't read. I don't think the term "marriage" should be anywhere in the laws. Taxes should not be based on them, benefits, anything

    I couldn't care less what you think of me personally.


    Good for you.


    And why don't you agree with "it"?

    See, here's the thing, I'm not gay, so I don't know what it's like to like the same gender.

    However, I don't disagree with their lifestyle simply for this reason.

    It would be like disagreeing with a women's lifestyle because I don't know what it's like to be a woman.

    Do you disagree with their lifestyle because a book told you so?

    Or because there is something intrinsic about it that your reasoning can't comprehend?
    I don't agree with it for a couple reasons. First off, a book tells me it's wrong. A book that I have personally decided to live my life by. You don't have too. I could honestly care less if you choose to or not. I have realized you know far more than me and have done far more soul searching than I and am a better person for it but the way you paint people like me is jut plain wrong. I am a very tolerant person and could care less what someone does in their bedroom. Just like I could care less if someone wars to smoke weed, cook meth in their bathtub, or keep a tiger in their bathroom. As long as what you do doesn't affect me or my family or children I could honestly care less. It doesn't mean I have to like it though. The odds of me ever telling anyone what they are doing I disagree with without being asked is about zero. But if asked I am not afraid to tell someone I disagree with what they are doing. That's all Broussard was doing. They asked him a question. He said he disagrees with the lifestyle and feels jcollins is a sinner for it. End of story. They put him on knowing e would say something like this. At the end of the day what Christ thinks doesn't matter even a little and this has become a much bigger story than what it needs to be. It needs to be marked as a historic day in America and congratulate Collins on announcing something he is proud of and not to have to hide in shadows anymore but to all him a hero and a great role model is just silly. Leave those titles for truly great people not an NBA player who averages 1 point and 1 rebound a game.

    If none of this makes sense it is hard to type everything on a 4 inch screen on my phone
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Cards View Post
    ok. now I'm really confused. Are you saying that because women are more equal to men that forces men to become homosexual? I'm of the belief that one doesn't choose to be sexually attractive to what they are attracted to so your theory of chinese birth limits, divorce rate increases, or women being more empowered increasing the numbers of gays doesn't fly with me. I know lots of people who have been divorced or had a long term relationship break up and weren't turned gay. I'm sure there are many chinese couples that have sex and are using protection. Even if someone's reproduction was limited in some fashion I fail to think that they'd stop having sex with their spouse.

    As for AIDs, I don't know the exact numbers but plenty of straight people have HIV/AIDS. I'd bet that lack of protection when AIDS first started effecting people was more of a factor than one's sexuality.
    I didnt say anything about "equality". I was speaking of the womens lib movment, feminism who funded it and why. This is a much broader topic then equality. The fact that are turning it into a equality issue is my point. Women have their roles as do males. Sure there are always exceptions but as a whole this is the law. I could expand of how the liberals have chosen this fact as one of the center pieces to their religion known as liberalism. The same religion that says you have to be a atheist in order to comply with seperation of church and state. Its a false religion based on semantics and twisting words and meanings aimed at the destruction of capitalism and western civilization.

    ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GOOGLE WOMAN'S LIBERATION FUNDING. YOU WILL SEE IT IS THE CENTER PIECE TO THE DESIGN.

    Women are not equal to men in all aspects just as men can't give birth. Its not opinion, it is a fact. They can only be equals in terms of relativity when an men and women are placed in a ranking system for example compared with people of the same gender. An average male and average female have completely different traits and qualities.

  8. #68


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,380
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    His comments are a representation of MANY christians, do you deny that?
    No, but I haven't seen any actual numbers either.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Remember we have already discussed if there are any reasonable arguments against having gays marry in the U.S outside of religion, there are none.
    Which has what to do with this one man's comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    So that means that the ONLY reason why gays are not allowed to marry in the U.S is due to christianity, there is no way around that fact.
    Which has what to do with this one man's comments?

    Look, I'm not going to sit here and analyze you. All I'm going to say is you jumped to quick to fast and too far with this one. In spirit, I agree with you, but I don't think ridiculing people with different beliefs has any place whatsoever in a tolerant society.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by indexed View Post
    I didnt say anything about "equality". I was speaking of the womens lib movment, feminism who funded it and why. This is a much broader topic then equality. The fact that are turning it into a equality issue is my point. Women have their roles as do males. Sure there are always exceptions but as a whole this is the law. I could expand of how the liberals have chosen this fact as one of the center pieces to their religion known as liberalism. The same religion that says you have to be a atheist in order to comply with seperation of church and state. Its a false religion based on semantics and twisting words and meanings aimed at the destruction of capitalism and western civilization.

    ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GOOGLE WOMAN'S LIBERATION FUNDING. YOU WILL SEE IT IS THE CENTER PIECE TO THE DESIGN.

    Women are not equal to men in all aspects just as men can't give birth. Its not opinion, it is a fact. They can only be equals in terms of relativity when an men and women are placed in a ranking system for example compared with people of the same gender. An average male and average female have completely different traits and qualities.
    I'm actually not turning it into any issue. I'm asking for clarification to your posts as I'm not following them. I'm actually way more confused about our conversation than I was at the start.

    What religion says that you have to be an atheist in order to comply with separation of church and state?

    What's a false religion aimed at the destruction of capitalism and western civilization?

    Obviously women and men are different in their anatomy. equality between the sexes doesn't have anything to do with anatomy. It's more about equal pay and voting and things such as that. As far as traits and qualities there are plenty of men that may have similar traits and qualities as a women. I don't follow that.

    This conversation stated off from your comment about thinking that the women's lib movement is brainwashing women and trying to make them all activists against nothing. If you think that women have never had a legitimate fight to be equal in this country I'll simply point you to the Women's Suffrage Act. If it's a fight against nothing, as you say, why would they have had to fight for a right to vote?
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •