Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Jesus had female apostles, and was all for gender equality.

Guess who was not? Men, as usual we have used are physical strength and power to hold back rights for women, and it is still happening today.

Why did the church paint Mary as a prostitute, why are the females apostles rarely mentioned and not know by many?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Jesus had female apostles, and was all for gender equality.

Guess who was not? Men, as usual we have used are physical strength and power to hold back rights for women, and it is still happening today.

Why did the church paint Mary as a prostitute, why are the females apostles rarely mentioned and not know by many?

Also not to veer off topic but what ever happened to Mary's husband Joseph? Except for a couple of references to him when Jesus was a child he completely dissapeared from the bible.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

from a historical aspect; considering the average life expectancy for male Jews was around 30-40 years in the 1st century, it would be reasonable to assume he was dead.

From a Biblical standpoint, he did not play a direct role in Christianity and thus was left out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Alex: If his belief system is that homosexuality is a sin, how could you even want him to say otherwise. I agree that, as per both OT and NT, homosexuality is a sin. That's just a fact in Christianity.

Now, was he saying the guy is going to hell? He may think so, but he doesn't make that call, so it doesn't matter. He can pass personal judgement based on what he believes, but that's it. Everyone sins constantly according to Christians, even them, yet people still get into heaven.

Saying someone is sinning or an act is a sin is not the same as damning them to hell. Someone taught you poorly as a child. Also, tolerant and accepting are two different things. What he said does equal tolerant. Did he call to have him banned from sport? Lynched? No. That's tolerant.

What you want is everyone to be accepting. That's an unfair expectation. What do you want him to say? "It's my belief that homosexuality is a sin against God. But now that some random basketball player is gay, it's not"?

That's stupid.

This is a perfect example with what's wrong with the world. They want equality but refuse to listen to the other side. He said nothing hateful or spiteful. You on the other hand are a mess of hatred. Why can't you accept it's okay to think differently from alex the wonderful?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex: If his belief system is that homosexuality is a sin, how could you even want him to say otherwise. I agree that, as per both OT and NT, homosexuality is a sin. That's just a fact in Christianity.

Duh....I never questioned that.

I know the full stupidity that is the OT, NT and christianity in general to be so ignorant and outdated as to call something natural and noramal as homosexuality a "sin" (whatever that is) and homosexuals abominations unto god.

The Christian religion in general is anti-gay.....EVERYONE knows that.

Now, was he saying the guy is going to hell? He may think so, but he doesn't make that call, so it doesn't matter. He can pass personal judgement based on what he believes, but that's it. Everyone sins constantly according to Christians, even them, yet people still get into heaven.

Saying someone is sinning or an act is a sin is not the same as damning them to hell. Someone taught you poorly as a child. Also, tolerant and accepting are two different things. What he said does equal tolerant. Did he call to have him banned from sport? Lynched? No. That's tolerant.

He didn't have to say he was going to hell, he said he was in open rebellion towards god.....how the hell does he know that?

If there really is a god, he has no idea the thoughts of that god, again, this is why ALL religions are flawed.

But whatever, let's pretend that Chris is simply following his stupid religion's policies, it also says judge not so you may not be judged...

But he's perfectly fine saying that the gay lifestyle is sinful and Jason is conversely a sinner. The self-righteousness is nauseating.

What you want is everyone to be accepting. That's an unfair expectation. What do you want him to say? "It's my belief that homosexuality is a sin against God. But now that some random basketball player is gay, it's not"?

No.....I don't care if people are accepting or not, and I personally don't view tolerance as saying something is wrong but you're ok with it at the same time.

Look at my murder example again. Can I have tolerance on something I view as inherently wrong?

This isn't like lying or stealing or even defensible murder......Chris and many christians believe homosexuality is inherently wrong and sinful there are no ifs, ands, or buts.

If you are a homosexual you are a walking sinner on the path of open rebellion against their magical genie.

The only reason I made this thread is because Chris Broussard has influence power, he is talking on the biggest sports network in the world and millions will hear what he says.....he is free to do that, and I am free to rebut his statement and make my opinion known.

This is a perfect example with what's wrong with the world. They want equality but refuse to listen to the other side. He said nothing hateful or spiteful. You on the other hand are a mess of hatred. Why can't you accept it's okay to think differently from alex the wonderful?

You want me to listen to the other side where there is ZERO common sense?

A side whose arguments are grounded on nothing?

Why does Chris think Homosexuals are sinners......because a book told him.

What a wonderful argument.

A book also told me magic is real and people can fly on brooms.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well, the book was not written by Jesus, so to say "in general Christianity is against homosexuality" is generally wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country

well, the book was not written by Jesus, so to say "in general Christianity is against homosexuality" is generally wrong.

The Christian religion follows the entire bible, not just the stuff written by Jesus.

If tomorrow Christianity changes, so will my views.

But I know that's not going to happen.

The bible is evil to the core, a group of people have chosen to follow what it says...if they really wanted to clean up their bad reputation, then take ALL the evil stuff out.

Take the OT out, take all the passages about Homosexuality out.

You'll be left with the majority of the gospels.....that wouldn't be so bad, right?

And better yet, since the ENTIRE bible was written by man....why not leave the stuff about Jesus in, and write a new bible filled with UPDATED rules based on the modern world.

Make sure to include that one should NOT judge any human period.

They live their lives differently than you, that doesn't mean they are sinful or in rebellion to your sky genie.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's stupid.

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

wrong again, nothing was written by Jesus, nothing.

for nearly four hundred years after Jesus, no Bible existed, so were there no Christians?

and you are incorrect when saying all of Christianity does, but I will give you most Christians in modern times does.

don't need an updated version, because it just will repeat again. Christians need to be concerned about what Jesus taught, the meaning of His message, not what people are telling us the message was or could have been.

The Bible, like any tool, can be used for good or bad, it just depends on who is using it and their skill.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

wrong again, nothing was written by Jesus, nothing.

for nearly four hundred years after Jesus, no Bible existed, so were there no Christians?

and you are incorrect when saying all of Christianity does, but I will give you most Christians in modern times does.

don't need an updated version, because it just will repeat again. Christians need to be concerned about what Jesus taught, the meaning of His message, not what people are telling us the message was or could have been.

The Bible, like any tool, can be used for good or bad, it just depends on who is using it and their skill.

Agree with you 100%.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast