Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris Broussard's comments on Jason Collins

First of all Chris, I believe you're ignorant and are hiding behind your religion.

If Homosexuality is a sin, so is wearing clothes with two different types of fibers, cutting the sides of your hair, and breeding animals.....all of that is in Leviticus.

I think it's sad that you think that Jason Collins is in "Open rebellion to god and is a sinful person" (whatever the hell that means) just because he was born a certain way.

BTW Chris, I don't think you can say you tolerate Jason Collins lifestyle while saying that he is a "sinful person".

Overall, the reception that Jason Collins is getting around the nation is very positive and the NBA fully supports his decision....unfortunately there are some that can't tolerate it.

Chris is doing nothing but casting stones and passing judgement on another human being in this video while trying to say "Hey, I'm tolerant, but what he's doing is sinful, wrong, and I'm better than him moral wise".

It's pretty sad.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-29-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

While I don't agree with what he said, I don't agree with most of your rant either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

While I don't agree with what he said, I don't agree with most of your rant either.

Which part?

Chris' statement can be paraphrased as follows:

"I believe homosexuality is wrong and sinful, but I tolerate Jason's lifestyle"

It is equivalent to saying.

I believe murder is wrong and sinful, but I tolerate a murderer's actions.

There is an implicit contradiction here.

I don't believe you can tolerate the gay lifestyle while saying it is wrong and sinful.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-29-2013 at 07:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First of all Chris, I believe you're ignorant and are hiding behind your religion.

If Homosexuality is a sin, so is wearing clothes with two different types of fibers, cutting the sides of your hair, and breeding animals.....all of that is in Leviticus.

I think it's sad that you think that Jason Collins is in "Open rebellion to god and is a sinful person" (whatever the hell that means) just because he was born a certain way.

BTW Chris, I don't think you can say you tolerate Jason Collins lifestyle while saying that he is a "sinful person".

Overall, the reception that Jason Collins is getting around the nation is very positive and the NBA fully supports his decision....unfortunately there are some that can't tolerate it.

Chris is doing nothing but casting stones and passing judgement on another human being in this video while trying to say "Hey, I'm tolerant, but what he's doing is sinful, wrong, and I'm better than him moral wise".

It's pretty sad.

First of all, the bolded part is a load of crud and an uneducated comment, and I think you know it is.

Second, I'm shocked that someone like Chris would actually come out with statements like he just did. You talk about being persecuted for your beliefs, this guy is about get a ton of garbage, that's proved because you already are giving it to him.

Third, I think the bizarre blacklisting of a player that has proven that he can win like Tim Tebow along with the celebration of one of the worst players in the NBA based on his sexual orientation on the same day is pretty bizarre.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First of all, the bolded part is a load of crud and an uneducated comment, and I think you know it is.

LOL, how is it an uneducated comment, it's in Leviticus, should I show it to you....yeah, I think I will because you probably won't look it up:

Leviticus 19:19 “‘Keep my decrees.“‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.
    “‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
    “‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Levitucs 19:27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Second, I'm shocked that someone like Chris would actually come out with statements like he just did. You talk about being persecuted for your beliefs, this guy is about get a ton of garbage, that's proved because you already are giving it to him.

I'm more than happy to call out ignorant people that have power, thank you very much.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL, how is it an uneducated comment, it's in Leviticus, should I show it to you....yeah, I think I will because you probably won't look it up:

Levitucs 19:27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

I'm more than happy to call out ignorant people that have power, thank you very much.

If you do not understand the basic differences between old and new covenants, then you have no right to claim you know anything about the Bible and have no right to argue against it. But like I said, I'm pretty sure you do based on our continuous arguements with Vegie about bacon.

And just because he doesn't have the same beliefs as you doesn't make him ignorant. He's not even trying to force his beliefs on anyone, he's simply stating what he believes and saying that tolerance is both sides alowing the other side to believe what they do and not look down on the other side.

So basically you fit perfect in his definition of intolerant, and I think I would probably have to agree.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you do not understand the basic differences between old and new covenants, then you have no right to claim you know anything about the Bible and have no right to argue against it..

Man I hate this cop out that people do.

Yeah, the OT laws are meaningless, then show me this "New covenant" and show me the laws within it.

Show me where Jesus said ANYTHING on homosexuality.....actually, here is something interesting Jesus said about the old laws:

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

And just because he doesn't have the same beliefs as you doesn't make him ignorant. He's not even trying to force his beliefs on anyone, he's simply stating what he believes and saying that tolerance is both sides alowing the other side to believe what they do and not look down on the other side.

He's ignorant for saying that homosexuality is wrong solely based on what a book says.

Right and wrongs don't work that way....it's too bad many christians don't get that.

Furthermore, he's incorrect for saying he's tolerant of Jason Collins lifestyle while at the same time believing he's sinful.

Look at my example about murder.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man I hate this cop out that people do.

Yeah, the OT laws are meaningless, then show me this "New covenant" and show me the laws within it.

Show me where Jesus said ANYTHING on homosexuality.....actually, here is something interesting Jesus said about the old laws:

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

He's ignorant for saying that homosexuality is wrong solely based on what a book says.

Right and wrongs don't work that way....it's too bad many christians don't get that.

Furthermore, he's incorrect for saying he's tolerant of Jason Collins lifestyle while at the same time believing he's sinful.

Look at my example about murder.

Um, you know, there's a reason Jesus came to die for us. Show you the laws within it? It's called, read the new testement.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality"

Now show me a scripture that tells me to not shave the sides of my hair.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

For someone who claims not to follow the Bible you sure do quote it on here CONSTANTLY.Funny how you need the Bible to prove almost every point on here you make.
    As for Chris Broussard he made a statement based on his beliefs.I might not agree with it but he presented it in a respectful way.So now I ask and of course the backlash will follow but is the problem Broussard and his beliefs or is it something else that bothers people??

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Third, I think the bizarre blacklisting of a player that has proven that he can win like Tim Tebow along with the celebration of one of the worst players in the NBA based on his sexual orientation on the same day is pretty bizarre.

You mean Tebow showed his defense can keep him in a game for 58 minutes so he can flukishly win a game that his teammates were the biggest factor in?

Broussard doesn't fit the stereotype to say what he just said, that's the ironic part to me.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast