Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"I just answered a few questions from his legal team, not from Braun..."

http://espn.go.com/espn/conversation...rts-inaccurate

Maybe, just maybe, Ryan Braun was telling the truth as to why his name appeared on a handwritten note found in the Biogenesis records??

The only player Bosch would discuss at all was Braun, whose name appears on at least two Biogenesis documents. One list has been described by sources as a list of players who received PEDs from the clinic or Bosch, and indicates that Braun owed $1,500. Another, as reported by Yahoo! Sports, said Braun owed $20,000-$30,000. Braun denied receiving drugs and issued a statement in February saying his legal team consulted with Bosch a year earlier when he successfully appealed a positive test for steroids.
    "I just answered a few questions from his legal team, not from Braun or any other ballplayer," Bosch said. He would not say what the questions were.

Now, maybe he's lying. Maybe he's just miming what Ryan Braun has already said.

Or, just maybe, Braun's been telling the truth all along.

I find it interesting that this was buried at the end of the story. Had it been something damning, ESPN would have made a whole other story about it, and Braun's name would have been plastered all over the ESPN home page.

Last edited by the 'stache; 04-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

I am not sure if I believe him or not, I tend to defend him, but I will love him as a brewer regardless. What he has done to put them back on the map, and by signing a long term deal make the guy hard to dislike
    Aoki, Joe Haden, and 2013 Bowman Football Relics

I want any and all Eddie Lacy Topps Chrome RCs, even base!

Hidden Content

Still trying to convince everybody Braun's clean, eh?
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos
    Johnson/Mears/Nadeau/Reutimann

No, not trying to convince anybody. Just pointing out that what he said about the clinic might indeed be true.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    No, not trying to convince anybody. Just pointing out that what he said about the clinic might indeed be true.
    Why would you ask Tony Bosch questions for legal purposes? That's one bad legal team...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

I really hope that Baseball as a whole find a way to do drug testing and then push it to the back burner because as a fan its really irritating and pushes my interest away. I understand that people using peds isnt a fair way to do things i do, but it needs to be taken care of and then put in the closet. PEDS are not going to help a guy hit a 86 mph curveball. they might hit it farther but if he misses completely peds dont matter. secondly the only way to be fair would to in the off season and during all star break 100 percent drug test for everyone. Not just the guys who are really popular or are producing big numbers.
    Collecting: Jim Thome, Cal Ripken Jr, Ken Griffey Jr, Tim Lincecum, Ichiro, Roy Halladay, Bryce Harper, Manny Machado, Mike Trout.
    Looking For Specifically: 2011 Topps Sparkles SPs, 2011 Legendary SP, 2012 legendary SP, 2012 Topps short prints,
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Why would you ask Tony Bosch questions for legal purposes? That's one bad legal team...
    No, not really.

Here's an article on Fangraphs written by attorney Wendy Thurm.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/braun...ely-plausible/

Why Bosch? Why use someone who’d already been linked to banned substances? I don’t know for sure, but it makes sense to me to his lawyers would consult with someone who had experience with a player (Manny Ramirez) who had tested positive and had been given a 50-game suspension. If you’re a lawyer defending a client accused of participating in a drug cartel conspiracy, you want to consult with people who knows how drug cartels work. Sure, there are law enforcement experts that you’ll want to testify for the client, but you also would like to consult with former drug cartel members. It’s entirely possible that Bosch had information from Ramirez’s situation that was useful to Braun’s lawyers in preparing their appeal.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

Quote Originally Posted by Minidave23 View Post
    I really hope that Baseball as a whole find a way to do drug testing and then push it to the back burner because as a fan its really irritating and pushes my interest away. I understand that people using peds isnt a fair way to do things i do, but it needs to be taken care of and then put in the closet. PEDS are not going to help a guy hit a 86 mph curveball. they might hit it farther but if he misses completely peds dont matter. secondly the only way to be fair would to in the off season and during all star break 100 percent drug test for everyone. Not just the guys who are really popular or are producing big numbers.
    I agree completely. I'm tired of hearing about it. Every time some new piece of paper pops up, ESPN and Yahoo jumps all over it. I just want to friggin' enjoy the game. If something substantial happens, report it. Otherwise it's a bunch of idiots on a feeding frenzy.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

I'm personally still on the fence if wether Braun "did" or "didn't". As we all know, the positive test result was not disputed, it was the chain of custody that was disputed. That being said, the science used to determine positive or negative result is fact. That makes me think he "did". However, looking at his season stats from 2011 & 2012, they're pretty close so where's the enhanced performance? All that risk and no reward? That makes me think he "didn't". There's always more to stories like this. Who knows if the "truth" will ever come out. Just my 2 cents.
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Matt Harvey, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward.
    Looking for vintage Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert & Rod Woodson.
    Bucket - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    No, not really.

Here's an article on Fangraphs written by attorney Wendy Thurm.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/braun...ely-plausible/
    It makes absolutely no sense for any reason to potentially use a source that is involved with selling athletes PEDs (and yes, I don't believe Braun's camp had no idea it was happening, if he happened to not be using them himself).
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast