Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Men’s locker-room no place for women says hockey commentator Don Cherry

TORONTO — Don Cherry says the men’s locker-room is no place for a woman.

The outspoken CBC hockey broadcaster made the comments during his weekly Coach’s Corner segment of Hockey Night in Canada”on Saturday night while discussing the controversy around Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith.

Keith was criticized earlier in the week after delivering what some considered a sexist post-game putdown to a female radio reporter in Vancouver.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/l...#ixzz2RkTHBvJW

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Keith is street trash that was fortunate enough to be a good skater, and an adult took notice of it and he was able to get into Hockey.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I want to like Keith but he's a punk. The guy couldn't keep up with a Sedin of all players, throws a slash and when he's called on it after the game he runs his mouth about women in sports.

Keith saying women can't skate? I bet more than a few could keep up with Daniel flippin'' Sedin.

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

“I remember the first time it happened to me,” continued Cherry, “guys are walking around naked and I hear this woman’s voice. I turn around and she’s asking me about the power play. I say, ‘Let’s go outside.’ She said, ‘I’m not embarrassed.’ I said, ‘I am.”’

“I don’t feel women are equal. I feel they’re above us. I think they’re on a pedestal and they should not be walking in when naked guys are walking in.

and this comment
    Don Cherry is right on with his comments, a men's dressing is no place for women. Players for all sports should have at least an hour after a game to cool down, shower and get dressed for the media.

at my rink, the women who play dress way on the other side of the rinks dressing room AWAY from males. no females are allowed in cause just like cherry said, guys walking around in the buff all the time. give players a little time to cool down, take showers, get dressed, then let them come out and talk to reporters. women shouldnt have to subject themselves to nakes jerks who are in a bad mood.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

“I remember the first time it happened to me,” continued Cherry, “guys are walking around naked and I hear this woman’s voice. I turn around and she’s asking me about the power play. I say, ‘Let’s go outside.’ She said, ‘I’m not embarrassed.’ I said, ‘I am.”’

“I don’t feel women are equal. I feel they’re above us. I think they’re on a pedestal and they should not be walking in when naked guys are walking in.

and this comment
    Don Cherry is right on with his comments, a men's dressing is no place for women. Players for all sports should have at least an hour after a game to cool down, shower and get dressed for the media.

at my rink, the women who play dress way on the other side of the rinks dressing room AWAY from males. no females are allowed in cause just like cherry said, guys walking around in the buff all the time. give players a little time to cool down, take showers, get dressed, then let them come out and talk to reporters. women shouldnt have to subject themselves to nakes jerks who are in a bad mood.

I agree with the bolded part, but don't see the reason for singling out women. In my mind, media has no place in the dressing room. Sure, I want to hear what players have to say after the game, but I don't need them standing in a towel or sitting, waiting to take their gear off to get that. Let them transition from players back into humans. Get the media, men and women, out of the dressing room.

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

I agree with the bolded part, but don't see the reason for singling out women. In my mind, media has no place in the dressing room. Sure, I want to hear what players have to say after the game, but I don't need them standing in a towel or sitting, waiting to take their gear off to get that. Let them transition from players back into humans. Get the media, men and women, out of the dressing room.

yea yea, i figured someone would see that and call me out on it, i agree, all media needs to be out. not just women, im not trying to single them out, men need to wait just as women outside until the players are appropriate.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Exactly, the room is supposed to be a sanctuary.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

To me the locker-room is similar to a washroom and this comes down to common sense where only men should be allowed in the men's room and only women in the women's room. Therefore I believe that only men should be allowed in the men's locker-room and in women's hockey only women should enter the women's locker-room. If the team doesn't want media inside, then everyone can wait outside until players come out. I'm all for equality, but common sense needs to be used as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why are male reporters not allowed in female locker rooms after the game but female reporters are allowed in male locker rooms after the game? Why do anybody need to interview anybody in the locker room anyway?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why are male reporters not allowed in female locker rooms after the game but female reporters are allowed in male locker rooms after the game?

Is that true? I've seen plenty of male coaches in women's sports. Does that matter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast