Not sure if I should get my card graded

I got a Mike Trout #/99 camo parallel topps 2013 card, which I have seen sold for upwards of 80 dollars on eBay, and I'm not sure if it's worth grading or not.

thanks,

Ryan
    Looking for 2013 bowman football Relic/GU cards. I will take all and any that you have!

Trying to become an Aoki Super Collector, PM me with EVERY AOKI CARD that you have, and if I need it we will work something out!!!!

Hard to give you any input without seeing the card. Do you have a scan? I would guess that since it isn't his RC it really isn't worth getting graded.

Sadly I am currently at school and without a scanner. It's in great condition, I just wasn't sure what to do with it
    Looking for 2013 bowman football Relic/GU cards. I will take all and any that you have!

Trying to become an Aoki Super Collector, PM me with EVERY AOKI CARD that you have, and if I need it we will work something out!!!!

Well, think about how much it costs to have the card graded. If you do Beckett, and were to do the 45 day service, it's $11. The minimum shipping from Beckett is Fed Ex Ground, which is $15, and insurance for up to $1,000 is $9. That's not including what you would pay to ship to Beckett, and insure it (should you choose to).

You're looking at $35 without shipping to Beckett, and any supplies (Card saver II, a box, packing materials (cardboard, bubble wrap, etc).

Is it worth it to spend $35-40 to grade an $80 card?
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Thanks for your help guys, still semi new and uninformed since getting back into the hobby.

It's ok, DeValk. Welcome back! I remember being where you are now. When I came back a little over two years ago, I was overwhelmed by how much had changed. It's always better to ask a question if you're not sure. Don't ever assume.

If you think the card has more upside potential, ie that the value of it will go up, then it might be worth grading. Only I'd wait to send it in with some other cards to be graded, or at least wait until SCF does another group submission. Because the forum submits in bulk, Beckett gives a nice discount on the cost of grading, and the cost of shipping is also split, so it's far less expensive. If you watch the general sports/card talk board, when a new submission is announced, it will be a sticky topic:

http://www.sportscardforum.com/forum...orts-Card-Talk

Instructions for submitting will be included in the thread.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

On a side note, the crew is playing well! I'm loving this.

In my opinion I would just sell it instead of getting it graded. There really isn't much of a demand to have parallel cards graded. Outside of vintage and rookie cards there isn't a big market for graded stuff in my opinion.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DeValk View Post
    On a side note, the crew is playing well! I'm loving this.
    Get rid of Axford, and sit Weeks. He can't find a hit, and he's awful in the field. Tired of watching him whiff against low sliders, and seeing the ball stick in his glove every time it's hit to him. It's amazing to me we're 14-12 with Weeks and Gonzalez, two black holes, in our lineup.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth