Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini America to Deliver First Jay Williams Autographs Since 2003-04 NBA Season

In the sports card industry, nine years might as well be an eternity. So you’ll understand when basketball fans and collectors respond to the Jay Williams autographs in Panini America’s 2012-13 Past & Present Basketball as if they’d never seen any before. For the record, collectors haven’t seen Williams cards of any kind since the 2003-04 season.

Williams, you may recall, was one of the greatest young basketball talents of all time when he entered the NBA as the second overall pick of the Chicago Bulls in the 2002 NBA Draft. All Williams did prior to that was lead Duke to the 2001 NCAA National Championship and earn Naismith College Player of the Year honors, the John R. Wooden Award and the Oscar Robertson Trophy.

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...on/#more-48496

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most Bulls collectors are not excited about this at all. If panini wants to get an elusive Bulls auto go get Stacey King, Craig Hodges, or Scott Williams.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most Bulls collectors are not excited about this at all. If panini wants to get an elusive Bulls auto go get Stacey King, Craig Hodges, or Scott Williams.

Those guys probably want to much money and they wont give it to them. Williams probably did it for close to nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I wouldn't mind having a Jay Will certified auto but I am not going to pay top dollar for it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

MOst people prolly don't remember who he is and the ones who do don't care all that much that he's now signing cards. Way to go Panini on this breaking news.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah if it were not for a motorcycle accident he would have been a decent player. I doubt any players ride motorcycles any more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about getting other more well known past Bulls players, GM or coaches like Jerry Sloan, Phil Jackson, Jerry Krause, Jerry Reinsdorf or even Red Kerr cut signatures than Jay???? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would assume people that collect former DUke players will be buying these up

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See beller20nba's Items on eBay

The worst thing is that we will probably see a ton of his autos in every product to follow. Wished they would try and get some big name legends (Karl Malone, Ewing, Miller, Barkley, Iverson etc)