Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Knowing many people who are bank tellers I can tell you that asking for ID is step one in avoiding fraud. I can say with confidence that probably a good 40% of would be fraudsters are out of there the second ID is asked for.

exactly. that's why I have no issue with showing id. it's much easier than getting a call from a bank that you've been ripped off.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Iidentifying yourself when you show up anonymously looking for cash, or in opening an account with a Financial Establishment, a form of Govt identification is required. In all countries that record keep, this is the norm. A Social Insurance Number or Social Security Number is required when opening business with any bank in Canada, or the USA as you may incur interest on those principal sources that you are funding the account with.

Your bait is rancid Wick, just tell me you want to argue, it's that simple.

Actually, if you want any service at a bank now, you have to identify yourself either with government issue ID or with your bank issued ABM card.

I'm not arguing at all. I'm correcting your misinformed views is all. You're too touchy.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I'm not touchy with a person who lives to argue. I was dead serious, if you want an argument just say so.

Now in terms of your worldly banking experience. Banks have been asking for identification for about 35-40 years before you were born.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not touchy with a person who lives to argue. I was dead serious, if you want an argument just say so.

Now in terms of your worldly banking experience. Banks have been asking for identification for about 35-40 years before you were born.

Exactly my point. So what's your problem showing ID for a credit card?
    You claim it's an America only thing, I know that's wrong.

As for me "living to argue" you can call it what you want. Your ranting about it being an American only thing no country would ever do but I'm in Canada and had to show ID constantly.

As for my banking experience, I guess my wife being a banker and me being close friends with her coworkers and working with them on charity drives means I hear and know nothing. Your e periences from 1955 are probably a more accurate reflection of today's reality. My bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Exactly my point. So what's your problem showing ID for a credit card?
    You claim it's an America only thing, I know that's wrong.

As for me "living to argue" you can call it what you want. Your ranting about it being an American only thing no country would ever do but I'm in Canada and had to show ID constantly.

As for my banking experience, I guess my wife being a banker and me being close friends with her coworkers and working with them on charity drives means I hear and know nothing. Your e periences from 1955 are probably a more accurate reflection of today's reality. My bad.

If you are in the us you are actually wrong about ids. I can't tell from your post if you are debating us banks or Canadian but since the patriot act there are all types of steps bank employees go through for verification. Kyc, aml, patriot act Id requirements, etc...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you are in the us you are actually wrong about ids. I can't tell from your post if you are debating us banks or Canadian but since the patriot act there are all types of steps bank employees go through for verification. Kyc, aml, patriot act Id requirements, etc...

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about US IDs. Someone claimed the US is the only country that has ever or recently required ID for credit cards. That is wrong and I said so.
    Where is the confusion here?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I stand corrected. I couldn't tell from the banter if you were discussing the is or Canada. I feel like I have already posted that. Part of t comes from trying to read threads on my phone. Sorry for interrupting your thread wick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

they thought people with bombs and guns may have been in your home, so why is there an issue with them coming in?

and as far as showing your id with a credit card, why wouldn't you want them to? there is hundreds of thousands of dollars a year lost do to cc fraud in the US alone.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Did I start this thread? When did it become "mine"?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123