Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Think about what Broussard said.....he said that the homosexual life is both a life of sin and being in open rebellion to god.

So there's no doubt he is calling Jason a sinner.

OK, now let's get to the next point.

Are Christians allowed to do this?

Well let's see:

James 4:11 "Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law."

James 4:12 "
    There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? "

Matthew 7:1-2 "
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you"

You're kidding me if you think calling others sinners and in open rebellion towards god isn't judging their actions.

Yes, I believe Christians don't have the right (by their own stupid rules) to call ANYONE a sinner.

You're using the same old atheist argument of taking a couple of judging scriptures and telling us we can't teach against sin to quiet Christians from teaching against sin. The problem with this argument is that above and below all the these verses (the context) are scriptures condemning sin. It's God's job
    to judge people to hell or heaven, it's our job to teach about sin. Once again I will tell you, you are posting verses out of context, and know nothing about the Bible. And once again I will ask you to read the whole Bible and not just scriptures you find on your atheist sites.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're using the same old atheist argument of taking a couple of judging scriptures and telling us we can't teach against sin to quiet Christians from teaching against sin. The problem with this argument is that above and below all the these verses (the context) are scriptures condemning sin. It's God's job
    to judge people to hell or heaven, it's our job to teach about sin. Once again I will tell you, you are posting verses out of context, and know nothing about the Bible. And once again I will ask you to read the whole Bible and not just scriptures you find on your atheist sites.

And that's precisely how the bible contradicts itself on basically EVERYTHING.

Don't judge others in one passage, but then on another you're allowed.

BTW, the "Atheist website" I go to is actually a bible website which allows you to look up certain key words within the bible.

I post them as proof of how ridiculous and contradictory the bible really is.

I don't need to use atheist websites, the bible itself makes my job easy.

The book is filled with convoluted, nonsensical passages that can be interpreted a million ways.

Christains want to cherry pick....so will I.

I'm just playing their game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And that's precisely how the bible contradicts itself on basically EVERYTHING.

Don't judge others in one passage, but then on another you're allowed.

BTW, the "Atheist website" I go to is actually a bible website which allows you to look up certain key words within the bible.

I post them as proof of how ridiculous and contradictory the bible really is.

I don't need to use atheist websites, the bible itself makes my job easy.

The book is filled with convoluted, nonsensical passages that can be interpreted a million ways.

Christains want to cherry pick....so will I.

I'm just playing their game.

This post would hold water if teaching and judging were the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Homosexuality is a sin as per the bible.
    But it's wrong to say those practicing homosexuality are sinning.

That makes no sense. That's like saying it's okay to believe in gravity but not okay to say so.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

adam and eve not adam and steve

That's a really old bit.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Homosexuality is a sin as per the bible.
    But it's wrong to say those practicing homosexuality are sinning.

That makes no sense. That's like saying it's okay to believe in gravity but not okay to say so.

Well the bible makes no sense, so there's your answer.

I can't make heads or tails from it.

You're not allowed to judge others, and yet, calling people sinners is judging them.....there is no other word.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

did he say he was a sinner for being homosexual and God would burn him in hell?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well the bible makes no sense, so there's your answer.

I can't make heads or tails from it.

You're not allowed to judge others, and yet, calling people sinners is judging them.....there is no other word.

Great. You make as much sense as the Bible. Done.
    Glad you finally admit it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great. You make as much sense as the Bible. Done.
    Glad you finally admit it.

Be honest, does the bible not contradict itself on many important aspects?

Does the bible not make it easy to interpret things a million different ways?

But why is it that despite these two facts, many christians have such a big problem with gays?

Sure it is a sin (according to a book) but so is many other things which christians don't care too much about.....and yes, I'm talking about NT stuff.

Divorce for example is still not allowed as per the NT.....and yet in a nation of about 80% self proclaimed christians, more than 50% of the population get divorces (Just going by statistics, that means the majority of divorces are by christians).....clearly they don't care about this particular law.

Fornication is also not allowed.....and yet, a study shows that 95% of Americans have pre-martial sex (AKA Fornication!)

Source to study: http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...remarital_sex/

C'mon man, you might not like the way I say things and I'm OK with that, but you can't deny the absurdity that is the bible.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 05-01-2013 at 10:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wickabee, the biggest problem with Christianity is in fact the bible.

It allows certain christians to twist and turn everything into their own ideology.

Did you know a big reason why slavery remained legal in the U.S for so long was because the slave owners justified it with the bible?

Remember in the OT, the Bible clearly endorses slavery, and the NT doesn't say anything against slavery either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast