Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Wickabee, the biggest problem with Christianity is in fact the bible.

It allows certain christians to twist and turn everything into their own ideology.

Did you know a big reason why slavery remained legal in the U.S for so long was because the slave owners justified it with the bible?

Remember in the OT, the Bible clearly endorses slavery, and the NT doesn't say anything against slavery either.

Ok. And you make just as much sense as that. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok. And you make just as much sense as that. Thanks.

So, you're not going to answer my questions?

Do you or do you not agree that the bible contradicts itself and can be interpreted a million different ways?

The majority of my views on Christianity is due to my own 15 years of experience as a christian.

As I told you before, I attended a number of different churches and denominations, my longest stay was with the Nazarene church, which is essentially a part of the Evangelical Christian sect.

However, the funny thing was that I never really read the bible, I would just hear what the pastor and the other leaders said about it.

Boy was I shocked when I finally decided to read the darn book.

Wick....I read that bible as a believer, not an atheist, and what I read was disturbing to me, and It can NOT be sugar coated by a few passages of Jesus telling others to love one another.

As time progressed, I began to see the huge contradictions, I began to see how easily the passages can be interpreted in various ways, hell the English bible is translated in many different versions, in my own house I have about 4 different translation (very serious about that).

If we're just honest with ourselves we'll see the bible for what it really is.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why should I answer those questions? All I said is you're as sensical as the Bible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why should I answer those questions? All I said is you're as sensical as the Bible.

I guess you did answer my question after all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yup

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Did you know a big reason why slavery remained legal in the U.S for so long was because the slave owners justified it with the bible?

no, they did try try to use the Bible as a reason to keep slavery, but the biggest reason slavery stayed so long was certain states would not agree with the union unless they could keep slaves. that is why in all new terrotories slavery was outlawed.
    the first state seceded when lincoln won the election. and even though the Civil war was really about slavery, lincoln made it about the Union and the rights of states to secede, he did this because the fear of losing other states.

but, here is the kicker, in Lincolns 2nd inaugural address, he pointed out slavery and how is was not a good thing, and he quotes and refers to the bible himself.

so it could be said that Lincoln, the Government, and the Union used the Bible to end slavery just as easy as people like fitzhugh used the Bible for proslavery.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The bible this, the bible that.

The hypocrisy. Get a new schtick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123