Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why do people not want to send mail to PO Boxes?

I have been on ebay lately bidding on some items. I am getting a lot of occurances where it says the seller will not ship to a PO box. It says that the seller uses the USPS so why will then not send to the box? I also see a lot of businesses saying they don't send to po boxes. I understand that fed ex and ups cannot be delivered to a po box but if you are shipping an item via USPS why would you care if the item goes to a po box compared to a street address. If you are concerned about fraud, it can occur just as easy from a street addy than a po box. I would prefer to ship to a po box that way the item remains in the hands of the postal service until the reciever picks it up. Your thoughts.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got burned sending to a PO once.the guy won the auction,I sent as soon as I got the payment.A week later,got an email from thr guy saying he didn't receive it yet.Another week went by,got another email saying if he didn't get it in 2
    more days,he was gonna open a claim.2 days went by,no package.He opened a claim,and left neg. feedback.I refunded
    his money.About 3 days later I recieved the package with "Unclaimed" stamped on the package.I took pictures of the package with his name,address and the stamp and emailed the pictures to him and ebay.He said he didn't know it was there.He wouldn't take the negative feedback away,and had to fight with ebay to get it cleared up.I'll never send to a PO again.
    Last edited by 39special; 05-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im sorry to hear that story but that's not really an indictment of a po box but more about some lazy guy not checking his mail. The same thing could have happened to street mailbox or even worse someone could have drove by and stolen his mail from his street box.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

Im sorry to hear that story but that's not really an indictment of a po box but more about some lazy guy not checking his mail. The same thing could have happened to street mailbox or even worse someone could have drove by and stolen his mail from his street box.

Come on, you know that's not how the Internet works. If you have one bad experinece, you're supposed to completely abandon ever using that product/service ever again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no idea why they won't but i'm sure they have their reasons. There is a simple solution to that though. Don't tell 'em it's a PO box and when you give your mailing address put 'suite' in the place of 'PO box'. I did that for years and know people that still do it and never had any problems. GOOD LUCK.

~Bill~

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no idea why they won't but i'm sure they have their reasons. There is a simple solution to that though. Don't tell 'em it's a PO box and when you give your mailing address put 'suite' in the place of 'PO box'. I did that for years and know people that still do it and never had any problems. GOOD LUCK.

~Bill~

I'm going to try that one. Thanks Bill.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If anyone comes to me talking about that they will not send to my PO Box after we agree to a deal negative city for them.