Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You must only be talking about veg. I've always said businesses have the right to refuse anyone they want and he's the only one here.

    Congratulations, veg, ensberg and habs have named you as the entire forum!
    well, my mistake. i knew veg had but I thought i had heard others. My apologies.


    also, for what it's worth, snopes says this story is false anyway.
    bucket:Hidden Content

    Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

  2. Wata Photo
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    well, my mistake. i knew veg had but I thought i had heard others. My apologies.


    also, for what it's worth, snopes says this story is false anyway.

    To bad the story is false. Bloomberg is one of the biggest jerks in politics. Anyone who voted for him needs their head examined.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. #13


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    well, my mistake. i knew veg had but I thought i had heard others. My apologies.


    also, for what it's worth, snopes says this story is false anyway.
    Not surprising. I would love to see it though.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Politicians as far as I know are not a legally protected class of citizens so yes the business had every right to deny him service. I would think you would be happy about his denial of service since he is a dem.
    This is HILARIOUS. Politicans are just like anyone else, they are HUMAN BEINGS.

    Don't be hypocritical, veggie.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    well, my mistake. i knew veg had but I thought i had heard others. My apologies.


    also, for what it's worth, snopes says this story is false anyway.
    Pretty sure JustAlex was another who threw a fit about that. Guess it only applies to a specific narrative.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

  7. #16


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Pretty sure JustAlex was another who threw a fit about that. Guess it only applies to a specific narrative.
    Veg and I were the only ones who posted up to that point.
    Ensberg talked about the entire forum, even though we were the only two who had commented and what he said didn't describe me one bit.
    Alex hasn't said a word in here. As such, he has nothing to do with any of this, and even if he did, that's two people being called the entire posting population. I felt that needed to be corrected, since it was an outright lie on two counts. My apologies for preferring truth over partisanship and misinformation.

    But you're right, its conservatives who are unfairly charged based on what one person says, never us liberals. We always jump the gun and lump all you in together. No conservative would ever do that...right?

    This thread says the exact opposite. I'm fine if you want to say this was a stupid move. I disagree, but whatever. Just don't start lying about me to me. Then you're just calling me an idiot. That's what happened here.

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Veg and I were the only ones who posted up to that point.
    Ensberg talked about the entire forum, even though we were the only two who had commented and what he said didn't describe me one bit.
    Alex hasn't said a word in here. As such, he has nothing to do with any of this, and even if he did, that's two people being called the entire posting population. I felt that needed to be corrected, since it was an outright lie on two counts. My apologies for preferring truth over partisanship and misinformation.

    But you're right, its conservatives who are unfairly charged based on what one person says, never us liberals. We always jump the gun and lump all you in together. No conservative would ever do that...right?

    This thread says the exact opposite. I'm fine if you want to say this was a stupid move. I disagree, but whatever. Just don't start lying about me to me. Then you're just calling me an idiot. That's what happened here.
    Perhaps I am thinking of a different thread than everyone else? I know he hasn't said a word in this thread, I assumed you all were talking about the gays being refused service thread, which he among others posted in. People shouldn't be refused service in that case based on their sexuality, just as in this thread, a person shouldn't be refused service based on their political opinions. It's just bad business, to begin with.

    The last 2 parts of your post though I have no idea what you're talking about, because I didn't say anything of the sorts.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

  9. #18


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Perhaps I am thinking of a different thread than everyone else? I know he hasn't said a word in this thread, I assumed you all were talking about the gays being refused service thread, which he among others posted in. People shouldn't be refused service in that case based on their sexuality, just as in this thread, a person shouldn't be refused service based on their political opinions. It's just bad business, to begin with.
    I only ever said I thought refusing gays was a bad business decision, never outside their rights in any way.
    In this case (were it true), I see more argument for it being a good business decision. They made a public statement against the person who brought in a ridiculous and unpopular law. I think many would go there just based on this action. That's all I said here.

    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    The last 2 parts of your post though I have no idea what you're talking about, because I didn't say anything of the sorts.
    In this thread, no. But if you can bring up other threads and assume statements I made, I should be allowed the same, no?

    Were you not one of the many conservatives who proclaimed so loudly that liberals lump all conservatives together far more than conservatives lump all liberals?

    If so, why was I lumped in with veg in here on a different subject (which I did not agree with him on in the first place) and alex, who hasn't said a peep?

    Be serious for a second here. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Playing a role makes you look it, so playing stupid...

    I'll leave the rest to you.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    In this thread, no. But if you can bring up other threads and assume statements I made, I should be allowed the same, no?

    Were you not one of the many conservatives who proclaimed so loudly that liberals lump all conservatives together far more than conservatives lump all liberals?

    If so, why was I lumped in with veg in here on a different subject (which I did not agree with him on in the first place) and alex, who hasn't said a peep?

    Be serious for a second here. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Playing a role makes you look it, so playing stupid...

    I'll leave the rest to you.
    I never said a word about you though, I made a statement saying in the other thread, JustAlex, along with veggie were very outspoken but for some reason, didn't say anything or changed their tune because it didn't fit their narrative, I didn't say a word or imply anything about you, so I have no idea why you're so upset.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

  11. #20


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,482
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I never said a word about you though, I made a statement saying in the other thread, JustAlex, along with veggie were very outspoken but for some reason, didn't say anything or changed their tune because it didn't fit their narrative, I didn't say a word or imply anything about you, so I have no idea why you're so upset.
    First of all, please don't assume you have the power to upset me.

    Secondly, you're assuming alex has seen the thread, or cares at all.

    Thirdly, you seem to be calling what (didn't) happened here equal with denying service to gays. It's not quite the same. You see, those gays were told they could not purchase any sort of good or service because they were gay. No other reason.
    Mayor Bloomberg, in this story, wasn't denied service. He was denied an extra slice of pizza. He wasn't denied because he's a politician, as you want to believe. He was denied because of his stupid law, though again, he wasn't denied, he just had staff making sure he followed healthy eating habits, as he so nicely did for all New Yorkers.

    I guess I just don't understand why you said any of what you did, being that the two situations aren't the same and your complaints are based on assumption. You're pretty much right regarding veg, but no one else, until alex comes in and speaks, and he has to say exactly what you said he'd say. Maybe he will, but still, is it necessary? Especially after the claims that conservatives never vilify liberals based on assumption and never ever lump liberals together based on one person's actions or words. Except that it only took a few posts for the conservatives to start doing what conservatives never do. Irony or hypocrisy? You decide.

    I just don't see a need for your comment whatsoever. It's bad enough you follow veg around constantly griping at him with little one liners (gladdy commented on veg's post without actually saying anything? Shocker!), now you have to go after people who haven't said anything on the topic?

    That's really weak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •