Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sig Area

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sig Area

How do you guys get that cloudy looking sig area in photoshop? Do you just lower the opacity or do a seperate layer? Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is how I do it.
    First I create a new blank layer Layer> New> Layer.

Then I change the foreground color to the color I want and then I hold the left mouse button on the paint bucket tool and switch to the gradient tool.

Then I left click, hold and drag it in the direction I want the gradient to go.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Nice tutorial Bigga. I do the same technique for my cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow don't know why I couldn't figure that out. Thanks Bigga

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'll concur. That's how I do it now as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals Kentucky Wildcats

Also how I do it. White to transparent is definitely the most effective/versatile gradient in Photoshop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't make an area for a sig usually but another thing you can do is use an eraser with a large size (200 pixels+) along with 0% hardness then erase along the bottom of the layer/picture until you get the effect.

Here's an example with a poor quality scan. This one maybe isn't the best example because there's a white line which is actually where the ice ends and that's part of the picture but the area where the feet were has been erased with that soft eraser technique. The Gypsy Queen cards often have it: