Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101
  1. #41
    habs, already posted it, MHC, 6th chromosome

    Some how you have a hard time connecting the disbeliever and that same person being able to live a moral life. Why is that?
    when? point it out, I don't see any of this as a moral issue
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  2. #42
    Jay, I asked if they have found the straight gene, not the area where they think it can be found.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  3. #43
    @Everyone.....did you guys know that about 10% of Humans are born left handed?

    Do you think those people are abnormal just because the other 90% of humans are right handed?

    I'm going to assume that ALL of you guys agree that being left handed is normal even if it's only a very small minority.


    Conversely, about 10% of Humans are gay. (Here in the U.S the number is between 2-3%....HOWEVER, this is only people that claim to be gay, there are many more that are in the "closet").


    So, let's use some reasoning and logic.

    We can accept that left handed people are NOT freaks, abnormal, or weird......they are perfectly natural.

    Why can't we accept that homosexuals are also not abnormal?


    There is simply no way that any gay person would choose to live a life where he is hated and discriminated....and if being gay were really a choice, does that mean that all the people that kill themselves because they are gay chose to be gay, only to be bullied to death?

    If it's a choice, why not choose to be straight and avoid all that torture?

    The logic and reasoning is on our side.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  4. #44
    Also, the best evidence for people being born gay is straight people themselves.

    I have NEVER heard anyone make a valid argument saying that he/she chose to be straight.

    I know for a FACT I didn't.

    When I was 10 years old (without anyone telling me at the time) I developed attraction to girls.....

    Think about that....most kids usually stick to their own gender when it comes to friendship (I wasn't an exception), don't you think that if we chose to be gay we would instinctively choose our best friends (who most of the time are our own gender?)

    And yet that is not the case....

    Moving on.

    At age 13 as I entered puberty I watched porn for the first time...both in magazines and video.

    It was a regular hetero porn.

    At this point I understood that one day I wanted to do what I was watching to a girl....I did NOT choose this, my body told me that I liked girls.

    All throughout my teens and still now in my 20s, my mind is constantly on wanting to quench my carnal desires, while I can control my actions, I CAN'T control who I'm attracted to.

    And I have NEVER felt attraction to another male.

    My only logical and reasonable conclusion is that I did not choose to be straight.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I was having a discussion with someone the other day about God with someone that I talk to on a regular basis. She said that God can turn a gay person straight or can even transform a sexual predator? I told her that people are born gay and even though God does not like homosexuality he dosent get involved in that kind of thing. She argued me down insisting that he can change anyone. I then asked her would she date a reformed homosexual or child moslestor or would she leave her kids unsupervised around them. She said no. Well wait a minute per you God can reform them, do you not have faith in God? She then went on talking out both sides of her mouth about that kind of person would not be the right one for her. Let me pose the question to the group. Does God turn gay people straight? Can he reform a sexual predator? Does he even care?
    No offense against your friend, but God does not "transform" anyone into anything. The individual has to want to be something else and seek the strength of their chosen religion to accomplish that goal.

    The way I read it, your friend sees God as doing something in contradiction of free will.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    @Everyone.....did you guys know that about 10% of Humans are born left handed?

    Do you think those people are abnormal just because the other 90% of humans are right handed?

    I'm going to assume that ALL of you guys agree that being left handed is normal even if it's only a very small minority.


    Conversely, about 10% of Humans are gay. (Here in the U.S the number is between 2-3%....HOWEVER, this is only people that claim to be gay, there are many more that are in the "closet").


    So, let's use some reasoning and logic.

    We can accept that left handed people are NOT freaks, abnormal, or weird......they are perfectly natural.

    Why can't we accept that homosexuals are also not abnormal?


    There is simply no way that any gay person would choose to live a life where he is hated and discriminated....and if being gay were really a choice, does that mean that all the people that kill themselves because they are gay chose to be gay, only to be bullied to death?

    If it's a choice, why not choose to be straight and avoid all that torture?

    The logic and reasoning is on our side.
    Add a little additional logic and reasoning in and see the flaw in your argument.

    Being left-handed or right-handed is not an abnormality because regardless of which "handed" you are, you can still accomplish the primary function and goal of using your hand. You can still write, use a knife, throw a ball, brush your hair, button your shirt, etc.

    Being straight or gay lacks that same "normal" argument because being straight, having a relationship and ultimately sexual contact has a primary goal of reproduction. Being gay prevents that primal accomplishment of reproduction.

    I know someone will try to invoke the "But what if straight people don't want kids?" argument, and that is beside the point. I am speaking of the basic function. A hand, left or right, can perform the same basic tasks. A sexual choice, gay or straight, can not perform the same basic functions. Thus the comparison is flawed.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  6. #46


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,366
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    @Everyone.....did you guys know that about 10% of Humans are born left handed?

    Do you think those people are abnormal just because the other 90% of humans are right handed?

    I'm going to assume that ALL of you guys agree that being left handed is normal even if it's only a very small minority.


    Conversely, about 10% of Humans are gay. (Here in the U.S the number is between 2-3%....HOWEVER, this is only people that claim to be gay, there are many more that are in the "closet").


    So, let's use some reasoning and logic.

    We can accept that left handed people are NOT freaks, abnormal, or weird......they are perfectly natural.

    Why can't we accept that homosexuals are also not abnormal?
    Amazing post.


    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    There is simply no way that any gay person would choose to live a life where he is hated and discriminated....and if being gay were really a choice, does that mean that all the people that kill themselves because they are gay chose to be gay, only to be bullied to death?

    If it's a choice, why not choose to be straight and avoid all that torture?

    The logic and reasoning is on our side.
    I don't 100% agree with this, though. I do believe some gays, the vast minority, did choose to be gay. It just seems to me to be a little difficult to believe that not one single gay person made the choice to be gay. I will say though, that I feel it's equally ridiculous to think that all, the majority or even a thin minority made the choice. I do believe it's a very small percentage, but I'm pretty certain they're there.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  7. #47
    alex, my wife's best friend is gay by CHOICE, are other friends say they were born that way, one won't comment. who said anyone was a freak? people get bullied for many reasons and people commit suicide for many reasons. and if you believe in evolution, then you know there is only one way for any species to survive. someone being left handed has no effect on their mating ability and we don't know if it is genetic or not. and according to your logic, God must be real, because people who are religious say so.

    habs, no hetero or homo genes found, zero.

    we all can argue forever, there is no proof, just theories.

    my theory is there is nothing wrong with them, it is a choice. your theory is there is a genetic mishap that makes them gay.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  8. #48


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,366
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    alex, my wife's best friend is gay by CHOICE, are other friends say they were born that way, one won't comment. who said anyone was a freak? people get bullied for many reasons and people commit suicide for many reasons. and if you believe in evolution, then you know there is only one way for any species to survive. someone being left handed has no effect on their mating ability and we don't know if it is genetic or not. and according to your logic, God must be real, because people who are religious say so.

    habs, no hetero or homo genes found, zero.

    we all can argue forever, there is no proof, just theories.

    my theory is there is nothing wrong with them, it is a choice. your theory is there is a genetic mishap that makes them gay.
    Hmm, your numbers seem to support my theory.
    And there is proof. It's in the testaments of the people we are speculating over yet apparently not listening to. Some say they made a choice, infinitely more say they didn't. Many parents of gays "had no clue" many more "knew when he was 2". That tells me that for most, it's not a choice, but for some it is. At the end of the day, the "why" only matters if you're trying to fix something and there's nothing here to fix.
    The proof is right there, being shouted in our faces. Why is no one listening?
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    No offense against your friend, but God does not "transform" anyone into anything. The individual has to want to be something else and seek the strength of their chosen religion to accomplish that goal.
    hear, hear...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

  10. #50
    [QUOTE=shrewsbury;12711251]alex, my wife's best friend is gay by CHOICE, are other friends say they were born that way, one won't comment. who said anyone was a freak? people get bullied for many reasons and people commit suicide for many reasons. and if you believe in evolution, then you know there is only one way for any species to survive. someone being left handed has no effect on their mating ability and we don't know if it is genetic or not. and according to your logic, God must be real, because people who are religious say so.

    habs, no hetero or homo genes found, zero.

    we all can argue forever, there is no proof, just theories.

    my theory is there is nothing wrong with them, it is a choice. your theory is there is a genetic mishap that makes them gay.[/QUOTE]

    I asked have they found the "straight" gene. A simple "No." would have sufficed. Your theory; at best, says your gay friends are misinformed about themselves. At worst, it says that they are liars. My theory; allows for all of your gay friends to know their selves and be truthful. My theory also does not suggest there is a mishap going on.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •