Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another psa slip or just an uninformed seller?

As anyone that knows me is aware I'm a bullet bill dudley fan. That's an understatement. This auction claims to be a babe Ruth autograph psa certified from Ruth to bullet bill dudley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Au...item3381fcc7a0

It does not say that jsa verified this as to bill dudley but the auction makes this claim. It also claims dudley is in the pic with the babe. It claims dudley is to babe's right. It is not dated but one can assume that it is 1935 or prior since babe is in a full Yankees uniform and holding a bat. Even that date is a stretch as babe last played for the Yankees in 1934.

So here are my issues

1. That is not a picture of Dudley. It doesn't look like him at all.
    2. Dudley would have been just 13 years old in 1934.
    3. The inscription says to my friend bill, it does not say dudley.

So assuming this photo is 1934 or earlier thats impossible for that to be bullet bill dudley in the pic.

Is there anyone here that believes by looking at the photo that it was taken after 34? Would it have been likely for Ruth to go back to NYC and dress for a game after he had retired?

I have messaged the seller. I want to see if jsa has certified this to be an authentic Ruth piece only or the "fact" that it contains a pic of bill dudley and is personally addressed to Dudley.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by chajones; 05-07-2013 at 08:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ChosenOne719's Items on eBay

In my personal opinion and I asked another person who was in the room with me and they agreed that it looks like Ruth when he was older.... Im thinking me it was at some event or something post playing days but I could be wrong because I am not an expert when it comes to Babe Ruth

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could be wrong but I believe that could be Dudley in the photo. You are Dudley fan so you for sure would know more of what he would have looked like but looking at both I think it might be him. Here is an early photo of Dudley.

You would know a lot better than me. Looking at the photo it would be to Babe's left or from Babe's perspective it would be to his right.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yea that's actually good you posted that pic. That's bills 48 bowman "rc". It's logical that the pic was taken within the year leading up to that. Bills nose is much wider and the person in the pic with Ruth is older and his hairline is e ginning to recede. Even if it was taken in 48, the year of Ruth's death, Dudley would have only been 27 and he had a full head of hair when he went into the HOF in 66

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...x?PLAYER_ID=61

The guy actually posted the coa upon my request and the letter says nothing about bill dudley. I'm convinced it is not him.

Dudley in 66
    Last edited by chajones; 05-10-2013 at 08:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea that's actually good you posted that pic. That's bills 48 bowman "rc". It's logical that the pic was taken within the year leading up to that. Bills nose is much wider and the person in the pic with Ruth is older and his hairline is e ginning to recede. Even if it was taken in 48, the year of Ruth's death, Dudley would have only been 27 and he had a full head of hair when he went into the HOF in 66

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/me...x?PLAYER_ID=61

The guy actually posted the coa upon my request and the letter says nothing about bill dudley. I'm convinced it is not him.

Dudley in 66

You're probably right with him not mentioning Dudley on the COA. One thing I'm sure of is that I don't have one of these.

...Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images