Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I miss the shiny inserts from MVP 98-99 and 99-00.

I know right???? They were SO shiny and they actually looked like someone with a flair for design actually put some thought into them!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I love the 90's Shapshots. I completed the set a few months ago.

Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I still need Yzerman!!

If you ever run across another one........

xoxoxoxox

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I still need Yzerman!!

If you ever run across another one........

xoxoxoxox

Hey I got one! I could likely help you out with that.... Although we will forgo all the xoxoxoing!!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey I got one! I could likely help you out with that.... Although we will forgo all the xoxoxoing!!

Don't rush to say no, my Amy says I'm a great kisser!

Oh, and PM sent.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a quick follow-up to my original post. I'm wondering if you guys agree with the rating of this card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-TOPPS-F...item51abd85939

To me, the card has been altered, as all of 94/95 Finest came with the Protective layer. As a collectible, I'd remove it. But as for grading, seems like it should be N/A.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a quick follow-up to my original post. I'm wondering if you guys agree with the rating of this card:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-TOPPS-FINEST-REFRACTOR-WAYNE-GRETZKY-PSA-10-1-4-/350775433529?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 1abd85939

To me, the card has been altered, as all of 94/95 Finest came with the Protective layer. As a collectible, I'd remove it. But as for grading, seems like it should be N/A.

Personally, IMO the plastic coating on top of the card isn't part of the card to begin with, the card is the card and kudos to that guy for ripping it off and letting the card shine on through!

It's just like smashing open a ITG slab or Heaven Forbid, slicing through the "seal" on an ITG top-loader, after you're done your left with.........the card.

I, however, am not in this for the money whatsoever, and I do things to my cards that would make some of you scream and faint and punch me in the face, in whatever order you wanna go with....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally, IMO the plastic coating on top of the card isn't part of the card to begin with, the card is the card and kudos to that guy for ripping it off and letting the card shine on through!

It's just like smashing open a ITG slab or Heaven Forbid, slicing through the "seal" on an ITG top-loader, after you're done your left with.........the card.

I, however, am not in this for the money whatsoever, and I do things to my cards that would make some of you scream and faint and punch me in the face, in whatever order you wanna go with....

I agree, as there's a number of refractors (like the Gretzky 94/95 Finest and my Forsberg Select Certified Mirrors) where I've taken the coating off because it looks nicer. Was just wondering how others felt as far as it still being unaltered. Was just curious.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's a tough question.

If you ever think you might resell the card, keep the film on (or the Slab, the Seal, whatever). If it's something you don't care about the resale value of.... let it shine! Will look better in your own collection. I kept the film on my Ranford stuff from that era, for a long, long time. Pulled them off last year - and the difference on some of those refactors / mirrors is incredible.

I think though, for resale, you're better off leaving them on. It lets the next collector chose how they want it.

I agree, as there's a number of refractors (like the Gretzky 94/95 Finest and my Forsberg Select Certified Mirrors) where I've taken the coating off because it looks nicer. Was just wondering how others felt as far as it still being unaltered. Was just curious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123