Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

My favorite is the 94-95 Pinnacle rink. I have 2-3 sets plus many dupes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I really miss those 97-98 parallels from Donruss/Leaf series, they was ineed simply stunning like as their inserts.

I found this very strange that card companies was ineed a lot more creative during 90's than in nowadays at 2013, just imagine a Donruss Eite Painted Warrior esque card along with a bold silvery autograph or even piece of GU jersey!

There're too few shiny memorabilia cards!

But the problem is that almost all ONLY wants ultra high-end rookies for now....so there're almoste no places for some creativity because all just wants RC RC RC and nothing less than even more RC RC RC!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I found this very strange that card companies was ineed a lot more creative during 90's than in nowadays at 2013, just imagine a Donruss Eite Painted Warrior esque card along with a bold silvery autograph or even piece of GU jersey!

Most of the creative companies from the 90s went out the fastest. Pacific, Donruss several times, Fleer, etc. The thing about being creative is that coming up with a good idea doesn't make you money especially if another company "steals" the idea and makes it better. So most of the time the company that comes up with the new idea just ends up making money for a different company who can execute it better.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Pacific, Leaf, Flair, and Donruss leaving Hockey like they were from 1994-1999, left a huge void that Upper Deck and Panini have no idea how to fill, as they do not have the Nous.

Just because you buy the Brand Name, does not give you the expertise to produce what have come previously. Some of those 90's Insert/Insert Parallels, Serial Numbered Insert Parallels are without equal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Anybody remember UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve /100 from 1998-98? These were damn hard to pull.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

To me the 90's parallels and inserts exploded on to the scene, and evolved very rapidly. All the companies were doing some nice stuff. In 97 when Pacific came onto the scene with all their parallels is when it peaked. In 98 there was no more Pinnacle/Score, Donruss/Leaf, or Fleer/Skybox, and so it was just Upper Deck, Pacific, and Topps. ITG was just coming into the mix. It's my feeling after the 99-00 season that the companies had to find other ways to make their product worthwhile. So Jersey's, Patches, sticks and so on became more the focus, and not much effort in design was put into the base, insert, and parallels part of what they put out, so they just became generic. That's when these cards became the so-called give-aways. Now it is so hard to find these cards. Harder than very short printed patches, and auto's, because they are tucked away in people's closets.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now it is so hard to find these cards. Harder than very short printed patches, and auto's, because they are tucked away in people's closets.

Not only that but the older boxes are incredibly hard to find and if you do find them they are rather expensive so cards that are still in boxes are basically locked away as well

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Crown Royale - Freeze-Out Die-Cuts
    Omega Silks
    Omega Ornaments

Many fantastic subsets like this are all in collections and getting harder and harder to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of my favorite designs was the 93/94 Score Dream Team inserts. They reminded me of the 1983 Topps baseball with an action shot and a smaller, closeup picture. I thought it would have made a great base card to make a whole set.

Pinnacle Masks were another favorite. Vanbiesbrouck's bees flying over New York. I thought Corey Hirsch's Psycho mask would have made a neat card, but I don't remember ever seeing one.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I miss the shiny inserts from MVP 98-99 and 99-00.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast