Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Andrew_zachary1988's Items on eBay

WTS ITG He Shoots He Saves/Scores

As a casual collector I will never be buying ITG Between the pipes or Heroes and prospects again. Over the past week or so, purchased 5 packs and pulled 5 of these decoy cards. As you know you need 150 of these for a redemption, I will get nowhere close to that many. For sell or trade for anyone aiming towards a redemption, send me an offer, just want to get rid of them. I'm fairly new to the hobby and haven't encountered such cards before. Frankly I don't see the fun in spending $5.75 on a pack and pulling these most of the time.

3 He Shoots He Saves on top row
    2 He Shoots He Scores bottom row.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/An...9eac0.jpg.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

GL with your trades for those points. They are very popular, even in small amounts. Very nice deal toppers too.

As for not having fun pulling those points, just wait until you buy a product where the pull is a decoy with no value at-all.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country

GL with your trades for those points. They are very popular, even in small amounts. Very nice deal toppers too.

As for not having fun pulling those points, just wait until you buy a product where the pull is a decoy with no value at-all.

Cheers,
    reoddai

My question is, should they really be this common? One in every 4 packs sure, but as of this morning now, 6 for 6?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

My question is, should they really be this common? One in every 4 packs sure, but as of this morning now, 6 for 6?

If I remember correctly, a box of ITG BTP has 18 packs. About 2-3 are Game used. So, 16 out of 18 or 8 out of 9 should be decoys. Decoys will come with any packs that have inserts, or autos.

That's pretty standard for a pack in the range of 6$. Panini I think has decoys in 22 out of 24 packs. Upper Deck also uses decoys in 22 out of 24 as well.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jlai624's Items on eBay

These sell on ebay. I know, I've sold a few lots.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

The decoys are in every pack that doesn't have a memorabilia card in order to discourage "pack searching" where it would otherwise be obvious from the thickness of the pack which ones held the memorabilia cards. ITG has been turning this disappointing necessity into a positive bonus for collectors of its products for many years now with the "He Shoots, He Scores" program and I don't know why other manufacturers haven't done the same thing (Upper Deck had its wrapper redemption for OPC but even managed to screw that up by making it Canada-only - sigh).

I for one am grateful to ITG for doing this - I didn't buy enough BTP last year to come close to getting a HS/HS card, but I did trade the lot for a sweet Vokoun auto/jersey card. Way better than getting bupkis from UD or Panini.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your explanations make sense and I suppose my complaint was one of ignorance and not being familitar with the product. Still, collecting 150 points for a redemption seems like a near impossible and very expensive feat for me, so all my decoys are for sale or trade!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Yeah, it sucks that decoys even had to come into being in the first place, but I guess the temptation to search through a box for the "fat" packs was too much for many collectors - and, really, when given a choice, why not go for the big one? So this evens the field a little and ITG turns it into a nice bonus for some - and it even gives a little value for the "casual" collector of the product like you.

Anytime you have questions about the hobby or if something seems weird, please feel free to come on here and post your questions - the "hockey talk" area is a good place for general discussion. You'll find a lot of helpful people here, for the most part.

Keep trying different products and buy and collect what you like - that's the key to enjoying this wonderful hobby!

Paul