Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Homemade GU Memorabilia.... PLEASE HELP

In 2011 Landon Donovan asked people to donate to the amputee foundation he supports. In return he cut up his Jersey from the USA v Argentina game and mailed to the people who donated. I have a chunk of that jersey which he signed and I would like to do something with it. Make it into a card thought the piece is almost the size of a card. Might be better served as an 8x10 cutout area on a boarder with a picture.

Suggestions?

Anyone with experience doing this for pointers.

THanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are some people who might some card company quality cards for cuts and the like. I don't know if they have experience making it with a piece of jersey but they should be your best bet. Don't remember who they were though so I can't help on that front. Hopefully they see this thread though.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

If the cutout is the size of a card you could get a large photo, 16x20 or so, of a closeup of him in a jersey and then cut the jersey part of the photo out that is just a little smaller than the size of the chunk of jersey he sent and put the chunk behind the photo so blends in that might look pretty cool. If that makes any sense.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

It does thank you.... sort of like one of those kids touch and feel books. Only problem might be the position of the pose. If you have seen the USA jersey it has a horizontal stripe over one shoulder and across the body. and it is like a double layered stripe. And i have a section of the stripe in my swatch.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/fil...r%20Jersey.jpg

If I could get a close up mediabook photo (drivers license) in an 8x10 that may work.

Thanks for the suggestion

P.S> and thank you for your service to the Country.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Checkout the customs section on the autograph side. There are some guys there doing some awesome work with custom GU pieces. I have used a member (paratan21) for some customs that I am using for cut autos and they have turned out incredible!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Checkout the customs section on the autograph side. There are some guys there doing some awesome work with custom GU pieces. I have used a member (paratan21) for some customs that I am using for cut autos and they have turned out incredible!

thank you for the lead

SCF Rewards
    Country

It does thank you.... sort of like one of those kids touch and feel books. Only problem might be the position of the pose. If you have seen the USA jersey it has a horizontal stripe over one shoulder and across the body. and it is like a double layered stripe. And i have a section of the stripe in my swatch.

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/fil...r%20Jersey.jpg

If I could get a close up mediabook photo (drivers license) in an 8x10 that may work.

Thanks for the suggestion

P.S> and thank you for your service to the Country.

Thank you. Yes I've seen the jersey's and I hear you on the position of the pose. I guess it would just have to be taken at the right angle which would probably be tough to find a photo like that. Hopefully a custom will do it for you. Great piece of memorabilia.

...Rick