Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Your thoughts multiple signed or individual signed?

I have done both in the past on autograph projects, but interested in what the community thought was better to do. I need to explain a little better here. On your projects do you prefer single signed items or one item with all those signatures on it. I have seen some great team baseballs for instance and baseball is a sport where if you hit the park enough you ususally have an OK shot of completion on a team ball even more so should you be doing a minor league team. Would you prefer to get one baseball signed by every player on the team or individual baseballs by every player? I understand how much easier it is to display a team baseball, but should it only end up with say 23 signatures and it looks full would you be happy to pass it to the newest call up who turns out to become a big star and see him squeeze his signature in between two so so players? At the same time who wants a single signed baseball by that middle reliever who is lucky to get a cup of coffee in the Bigs? I could definately see the fun of a 3,000 hit autographed bat, but individual baseball bats by everyone in the 3,000 club would be cool as well. The cost of different bats and space to display or store them would definately fit into the equation! Please chime in with your thoughts!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I pretty much only collect HOF'ers. I get a photo for each and depending on the sport a baseball, mini helmet, puck, ect. Like you said a 3,000 hit bat or 500 home run bat would be fun. A ball signed by every member of a championship team would be great too. You hit the nail on the head when you said about space. I know each and every HOF'er is a great player but I try to limit the number of 16x20's I get to those who I think are the elite of the elite and those that I really like. I currently have 73 16x20's and I don't have the wall space. My wife bought me a display like you see in stores for posters that was custom made for 96 16x20's. You also mentioned cost and that's another big one. I think I paid $600 for a 9 bat display. I've held off getting signed bats just because I already have 4 of the 9 places filled up. One problem I see with a team ball would be that you will not see every signature when displayed. I've got a football signed by many of the Giants at training camp along with an NFL Alumni football and even with the displays being mirrored you still don't see all the graphs. Just my two cents.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 05-10-2013 at 11:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I mainly collect baseball. On a baseball, I prefer single signatures unless I can get the entire roster on the ball. I only try for multi-signature items on something like this: Sports Illustrated cover from when the Giants won the World Series with Posey & Romo on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All depends..."star" players or players who have accomplished SOMETHING in their careers? Individual. Minor league lifers or fringe players? More of than not, multi-signed piece.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with lambeauleap87, i would definetely get Jeter on a ball single and not get pheleps on it, but a whole minor league roster on one.
    First, The balls are EXPENSIVE!
    Second, what if they turn out bad or hurt themselves and that will ruin their career, you might as well take the signature off the ball or trade for a clean back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tend to stick to singles, except for various instances like a photo of Cliff Hagan and Frank Ramsey or one of Dan McLaughlin and Al Hrabosky. While PhotoFile has made a photo of the 3,000 Hit Club members, I have no interest in getting such photo signed by everyone at this time.

The only thing I have signed by multiples are my ticket stubs from ballgames.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm more of a baseball autograph person, but don't have as much time as I use to. I tend to graph the local Single A team when the Red Sox minor league team comes in. I also pick out a few top prospects to get single signed baseballs and always try to complete a team ball.

You can never be sure if that no name guy becomes a stud later on, so it's a chance you have to risk.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Right now I am working on two team balls for the Rays. One for pitchers and one for offensive players. But I always try to get the big name players by themselves and then get them on the team ball. Longoria and Price I already have by themselves and next time I get them, I'll get them on the team ball. Other guys one the team, like Joel Peralta, for instance, go straight onto the team ball. The only difficulty is that It takes a lot more time to complete.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

For me growing up, my allowance only paid for so many OMLBs (heck, my paycheck now only pays for so many OMLBs, those things aren't cheap). When I went to games, I'd bring the few OMLBs I had and save them for the big namers and would put everyone else on a team item like a helmet. It saved me a lot of money and that helmet is full of fond memories for me looking back. When graphing minor leagues, I still do the same thing today.

Multisigned items can be very cool, especially with HOFers or other big name themes. However, they're almost never worth as much as you put into them, so if you do start a project, don't do it to try and sell later. One of my favorite items in my collection is a baseball signed by Twins with their numbers retired (Killebrew, Blyleven, Hrbek, Carew, Oliva). Multisigned pieces look gorgeous if the signatures aren't crammed on there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I mainly do cards so most of them are single auto. I do team balls for colleges when I don't have any cards for the players to sign.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast