Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: IRS Scandal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

IRS Scandal

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...eting-scandal/

Internal Revenue Service's targeting of tea party groups for excessive review of their tax-exempt status during the 2012 elections.

I wonder why the IRS was after the teapartiers in 2012? was it about the presidential election? why hasn't Obama condemned the IRS for this?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Despite what conservatives believe President Obama is not the King of the world nor does he control everything that goes on with an iron fist. If anyone believes that this type of thing is the work of President Obama keep dreaming.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm really interested to see what happens to the IRS on this. My guess is that the IRS, a government powerhouse, isn't going to be interested is giving money to groups that advocate smaller government and fewer taxes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I'm really interested to see what happens to the IRS on this. My guess is that the IRS, a government powerhouse, isn't going to be interested is giving money to groups that advocate smaller government and fewer taxes.

The tea party dosen't give a damn about lowering taxes. They just want to shift the tax burden away from themselves and on to the backs of the working man and small business owners.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The Tea Party was looking for Church-Like Status. Huge difference there. They want absolution on a level that the American Cancer Society gets. They had earmarked themselves as a Charitable Organization, when that was an unfounded lie.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually it depends on the group. They do want lower taxes, they believe that lowering the taxes will give the incentive for people to work harder. You aren't wrong on certain groups though, they just want something new to complain about and they were just on the "new bandwagon" at the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Tea Party was looking for Church-Like Status. Huge difference there. They want absolution on a level that the American Cancer Society gets. They had earmarked themselves as a Charitable Organization, when that was an unfounded lie.

That's why I have no problem with Obama not responding to this yet. I've been hearing this as well. I think it has only been certain tea party groups though, not all of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

first, they were forced to be classified as non profit, they did not want it.
    second if this was liberal groups being harassed obama would have said something by now. not obama's fault, but would he have commented on it if it was a group from his side?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Forced how?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I listened to an interview yesterday about this. they are saying when they applied for a 503a, they were forced by the IRS to take the 503c (could have those numbers wrong)

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast