Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

How One Base Card Can Turn Into One Hell of a 1/1!

Good afternoon everyone. Allow me to demonstrate an amazing magic trick if you will. Here I have one base card. Not very exciting right? A common card of a relatively unknown yet history-setting NHL goaltender:

Before I continue the trick, let me dazzle you with his record. He was and will always be the first and only goaltender ever to make the jump straight from the UHL into the NHL (in fact, while in the UHL, he even scored a goal). He jumped into the Tampa Bay Lightning roster in 1999-00. His career lasted 21 games from 1999-00 to 2002-03, playing for both the Lightning and the Minnesota Wild. He compiled a 1-11-1 record with a 3.96 GAA and a 0.862 save average.

Now, watch as a I continue my magic “hocus pocus chiribocus!”

*POOF*

The jersey from the base card is now in my hands!

The front:

The back:

The crest:

The bottom of the front-right side:

The back right shoulder:

And the photo match. Note that he did not really wear many jerseys in his career, and this is a first for me to get a photo match out of a hockey card! But here is the match:

Comments always welcomed and always encouraged. These will all be in my museum one day. Seeing it in person is indeed much more stimulating than online, but it still looks pretty on the internet ;)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With those stats you cited you did very well to find some distinguishing puck marks.

Congrats on a nice addition to your collection!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

With those stats you cited you did very well to find some distinguishing puck marks.

Congrats on a nice addition to your collection!

Your post could have used the comedy club drumroll :)

Thanks for the comment!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Well done. He obviously was willing to part with the Jersey, or just left it in the Locker Room destined for you.

Great Detective work.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's so cool to see a hockey card as the main thing in photomatching a game-used NHL jersey, especially for a goalie who probably didn't get a whole lot of hobby love. But you know what? That doesn't always matter if you have a great story to go with the jersey like that one.