Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Grab Bags Popular?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See HeyImBrandon's Items on eBay

Talking Grab Bags Popular?

I have been in out of the hobby over the years. Back when I used to sell at card shows I used to run some grab bags and I saw others would do this.

I don't see any of this on the forum or am I missing something. Maybe I am very outdated or it's not allowed on here or the internet.

Dumb question perhaps but why aren't they more popular. I used to love to spend $5 - $10 on a grab bag get some commons, nice inserts and the chance for a high end card.

I used to like to sell them and people like me enjoyed buying them.

What are your thoughts about them.

Thanks,
    Brandon

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Personally I don't care for them, but I don't really buy packs or boxes much anymore either as chances are I won't get any PC cards from them. But per the rules of the site:
    Section 1.01 Members cannot trade/sell any of the following

(c) Grab Bags – These are the lots that will contain a possible chance of certain cards. The exception to this is team lots (lots that only contain usually commons of a particular team) and they can only be sold to cover the cost of shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I usually get the basketball ones at target for $9.99. I have no delusions about getting a hit I just like getting some base and rookie cards for IP autos.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

They aren't allowed on this forum and I'm pretty sure most forums don't allow them either
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the information and posts. I didn't see that. Appreciate it. I guess that's why I hadn't seen them on here.

Are there any reputable websites out there that do that or not at all?

I used to do this and his might be why I did pretty good with them:

I would put up a nice card say valued at $200 - $400 as the top hit for the grab bag. People would know what the card was and the bags would all be one sport. I knew what bag it was put in because I numbered them. Depending on the price top hit card I would split the bags up to make it affordable, good chances and so I could do another grab bag.

What are your thoughts about grab bags that way if you knew what the top hit was.

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

if they are cheap like a couple bucks i dont see the problem.

i know ive traded on here doing blind team trades and have liked what ive gotten alot. a couple of times ive done trades like 50 base for 50 cardinals base ......since i pc the cardinals its always cool getting cards that i dont have and it being a suprise...in fact 2000 topps finest rick ankiel is one of my fav cards...isnt worth much but i got it from one of th eblind trades

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the response. Depending upon the value of the high value card I used to do and would do between $5 - $10.

I now know they are not allowed to be sold on the forum but if I have a website am I allowed to use that in my signature?

I have thought about this idea on and off because it could be fun and enjoyable for all.

Thanks!