Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

NOW MY QUESTION FROM THE DIE HARD AVS FANS>>

Now who would u pick for ur 1st overall pick?

a) Jones
    b) Mackinnon
    c) Drouin
    d) Mr X.

I would pick B....even though they got Landy,Duchene,O'reilly they still need a solid forward....

would love to hear/see your POSITiVE comments ;) thx

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Patrick Roy claims Avalanche Hockey Ops job wasn’t his demand; top pick in play?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...224658425.html

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

NOW MY QUESTION FROM THE DIE HARD AVS FANS>>

Now who would u pick for ur 1st overall pick?

a) Jones
    b) Mackinnon
    c) Drouin
    d) Mr X.

I would pick B....even though they got Landy,Duchene,O'reilly they still need a solid forward....

would love to hear/see your POSITiVE comments ;) thx

It's such a tough spot for them because Colorado really could use a bit of everything. That said, when you look at the roster page under "Defencemen" there's a lot of "yikes" there. They have an opportunity to get a very solid player who may be ready to join the club even at 18 years old. It's either that or go the trade/free agency route to bolster the blue line, because I can't see Roy wanting to go forward with that roster.

That said, he's got familiarity with MacKinnon and Drouin, having coached against them in both the regular season and the playoffs. He's no doubt aware of their very special talent, and would certainly be able to make a pitch to the management team (of which he is a major part) advocating for either of them.

It was all so clear until the Memorial Cup. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Anybody that does not take MacKinnon as the #1, whether needed or not, is making a HUGE mistake by leaving him on the table.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not even remotely close to being a similar situation.

Roy has been coaching in the QMJHL since 2005 and led the Remparts to a Memorial Cup during that timeframe. The team was a perennial contender and always near the top of the Q in offence.

Gretzky's coaching experience prior to taking over in Phoenix consisted of 0 games at any level.

I did not know that. I must admit other than following the NHL and AHL I am pretty ignorant to most other leagues. When I first saw the story that they were taking him on as coach, I immediately thought of the Gretzky situation. Apologies for my ignorance...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Anybody that does not take MacKinnon as the #1, whether needed or not, is making a HUGE mistake by leaving him on the table.

i 100% agree with u.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slyner77's Items on eBay

I hope they take Jones as a die hard Aves fan, they need better D! I hope they give Barrie & Elliot full time roles next year, see what Siemens and maybe Jones bring to camp, their D is extremely weak.....I like most of them, but our top pair can not be Johnson & Hejda and expect to compete in the NHL lol we have plenty of offensive skill and no longer have an idiot for a head coach so I say take Jones :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

success on the ice means little standing behind the bench even with his success at junior levels only time will tell if this is a competent move or not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12