Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

UD Cup Redemption Replacement - Fair deal??

So i received a Fedex package yesterday for the 5 Brodeur Cup cards I redeemed, but was told they were lost by Brodeur's agent, so after providing some guidance to UD as to what i would like to receive in return, i was pretty excited to see what I was getting in return...

I told them I was a super-collector of The Cup and they could tell by the number of high end redemption cards in my account.

I had redeemed four Brodeur Emblems of Endorsement 11-12 /15 and the Triple Enshrinements Brodeur, Price, Roy /10. I also bought a Drew Doughty Cup Foundations Patch Auto /5 redemption a few months ago to complete my set. I learned at the same time that the card will not be produced and also received something else in exchange.

Before telling you if I think it was a fair deal or not, i will let you judge by yourself and then you can see my position. would like your feedback on this! would be much appreciated.

to also put in context, given all the cards redeemed are for the new set of The Cup (11-12), the price they typically sell on the market are often higher than previous years of the same product, all else being equal. people are typicallct is new, want to complete existing sets, etc...

so here is what i got in return:

So I received 7 cards for the 6 cards I redeemed.

What do you think?

for me, i think this is an unfair trade, but wanted to get some views...

here is my rationale:

the triple enshrinement I received probably compensate for the Triple Enshrinement I redeemed, although I think the one i redeemed would probably be worth a bit more, but whatever.

for what it's worth, i paid about $225 a piece for each of the Brodeur.

I would see the Gretzly Stanley Cup Signatures as a fair trade for one of the Brodeur EoE - they sell for about $200 on ebay. again, fair, but not in my favor.

then, i think the Yzerman Emblems of Endorsement 10-11 is also fair replacement for another one of the Brodeur EOE. could tell this one is in my favor

then, I am left with a Malkin Cup Foundations /15 that is selling for about $80, a Crosby Enshrinement 10-11 numbered to /50 that is selling for ~$100 and a Brodeur Number Marks SPGU /25 from 10-11 and a Doughty Artifacts Sticker signature /5 from 12-13 to replace the remaining two Brodeur EoE and my Doughty Cup Foundations Auto Patch /5...

is it me or this is not really fair?

I was told by UD that they value each of the Brodeur at about $150, based on previous sales using Terapeak. they also value the Doughty Cup Foundations Patch Auto at $250. When it is time to ascribe a value to the cards they send me, they look at book value from Beckett instead. that way, they said the have given me $100 in extra value for the cards I received.

I tried to explain that you can't use ebay sales on one hand and beckett book value on the other hand, but didnt work.

I wanted to escalade this. Deal or no deal?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I would escalate it. Seems a little whacky to use Ebay sales to value your "lost" cards but for them to use Beckett to value their replacement cards. I call you know what.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

you received some really nice cards....but your redemptions were nice too. Hard to estimate but in my opinion you received 85% (in SV) of what you were supposed to receive.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I think you need to call UD on Tuesday

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree that you were short-changed. I'd say they owe you another $300 or so (ebay value) worth of cards. Having said that, I'd suggest sending back the 4 lower end cards that you mention at the end of your post (Malkin, Crosby, Brodeur, Doughty) and ask that they do a better job of sending you higher value cards. They shouldn't try and replace quality (higher value) with volume (more lower end cards). Returning those cards to them would likely better get their attention and hopefully result in a fair redemption. Good luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see how a sticker auto should be in the mix, you don't buy cup looking for stickers, I wouldn't be happy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Argh, now you have me scared... I have two Brodeur The Cup Redemption Replacements coming my way here, not as big as yours but a Limited Logos & Enshrinements.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Yeah i just pulled a redemption for a foundations auto #'d to 15. Hopefully i dont receive a sticker auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the last card is crap compared to any decent cup card.. i would be not so happy either but the others were great really... they have tons of cup cards why not use em and make customer happy.. i wonder if they would send a cup card replacement for artifact cards? highly doubt it..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd be angry if I were you. That last card is garbage compared to what you sent in to get redeemed, honestly. A sticker auto out of a product not nearly as sought after as The Cup? Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast