Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

sorting / organizing base ...

Starting to sort out my thousands of base from the last few decades -- I figure the 70`s stuff I would just group by year - and the more modern 90`s to current by team -- but I`m not sure about the 80`s topps and OPC -- would you sort by year or by team and possibly lump them with the 90`s and newer -- I`ve probably got say 2000 from the 80`s all mixed - How would some of you guys handle organizing your base - ( at some point hoping to trade it off ) --thanks for ideas --Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

i organize all my cards chronologically and then alphabetically, displays nicer in pages imo

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I have 5000ct monster boxes sorted by team with the plastic card dividers labeled. As for all star and non-nhl, those are in a separate box sorted by product with the exception of all star cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you have any division by years ? -- such as 70`s , 80`s and 90`s or anything like that -- I`m thinking of keeping the older years ( maybe pre- Upper Deck ) seperate just by year -- and the more modern sorted like you have by team in monster boxes --

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I just put it into teams in my binders

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

I have a lot of cards and the best way I have found is to put them in 5000 Count boxes sorted per year, brand and card number. This way I never search long for a card. But when you have 70,000 cards it's almost a must to do them that way. Then I write the era on the box cover so I know what are in them and witch box to open. But with 2000 cards, I guess binder can do but in time it does get expensive when to collection grow. I know since I have been collecting 45 years and I find this end up being the best method to store and find them later.

SCF Rewards
    Country

now -- these are not any cards that I will end up keeping -- ( I just collect the Predators ) so at some point whenever I get these sorted ( months probably - trying to talk the wife into helping -LOL ) out I plan on trading or selling them - so they`ll only be in boxes

SCF Rewards
    Country

All of you (see above) are far too energetic/organized...after trying to give away my NUMEROUS boxes of base cards in multiple sports to hospitals w/o success...and after giving what my nephews (aka their parents) wanted to take...I threw the rest out in NUMEROUS larger boxes and black plastic bags. I was later told by one of my LCS that there were some collectors who hoarded 5000 ct boxes of base cards and I could have received a couple bucks each for them. Oh well. My storage area is now manageable and I'm glad to be rid of tens of thousands of base cards...

Hopefully by discarding my base cards, I'll have made those possessed by others more valuable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Sad that hospitals wouldn't take your base...kids love that stuff, even if it's just sorting them and looking at the stats to keep from being bored.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sad that hospitals wouldn't take your base...kids love that stuff, even if it's just sorting them and looking at the stats to keep from being bored.

I know what you're saying however the hospitals I contacted both said they had too many sports cards already and didn't want more. So I wasn't the first person to think of donating base cards to a hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast